Yes, I was suicidal to the point where I thought long and hard about how I was going to do it. Then I searched and found where I was going to do it. Then I would go to that location daily and ask myself, let's see what tomorrow brings. If things got worse, I was planning to die there.<br />
But things didn't get worse and I eventually, as in a year or two later, found myself losing the desire to die. I had the help of wonderful friends and a very loving family. Plus I had a great job that let me focus on it and that kept my mind away from the self-destructive thoughts. I was going through a divorce at the time and one of the reasons I wanted to die was to deny her the money she was trying to squeeze out of me. Stupid, isn't it? But when you're that depressed, it seems as good a reason to die as any.<br />
But life is great now and I am very glad to be alive today! I have met so many wonderful women online and I look forward to settling down someday.<br />
However, I've never taken medication for it. I don't drink coffee. I don't drink alcohol. I have good self confidence. Maybe all that makes a difference?

Best Answer

ALL of your positives in life make a huge difference.

Best Answer

No bullshit - Many years of anxiety and panic attacks disappeared after 5 years of intense Mindfulness Meditation!

Best Answer

Smoking pot...

Best Answer

I or you yourself. Cuz I get the FEELING YOU AREN'T TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF. U HAVEN'T SEEN **** FOR DEPRESSION IN MY LIFE, CUZ I WILL NEVER SUFFER AS MUCH AS THOSE AROUND ME. BUT HEY... THAT'S JUST ME!

Best Answer

Medication and a lot of praying

Best Answer

Get on meds

Best Answer

I take Wellbutrin, Lamictal, Fluoxitine, and Invega............does pretty well

Best Answer

But does it not get... i dunno tough? being on medication all the time?

Best Answer

it has been, it's a perpetual search for a good balance, I've been fifteen years, and finally when making the last switch from zyprexa to invega in the mix, my most troubling side effects ceased. I was sleeping 14-16 hours a day on the zyprexa, now I'm up and ready to go after 9. It's taken me fifteen years to get to a point where I can start taking ground back from the disease, but you can't give up don't be afraid to switch up medications every couple of months, I waited years sometimes when I could have shortened that time dramatically by making a switch sooner rather than later

Best Answer

BTW, I fought anxiety and depression for years without medication, it was all, like THE EAGLES say "Wasted Time"

Best Answer

It does TAKE A TOLL in every way, doesn't it :(...I KNOW the feeling. I am happy for you that you are conquering the beast!

Best Answer

Medication

Best Answer

Im on medication but it only helps with my sleep. Supposed to stabalise my mood but it doesnt! :(

Best Answer