I would not. I would only go to visit Siberia and the spirits that remain there who suffered.
LuciaRose LuciaRose 26-30, F 22 Answers Jun 19, 2012

I've been to Moscow and then took the overnight train to St Petersburg. The hotels are very run-down. You could see how elegant they once were, but my hotel in Moscow, across from the Kremlin, had halls that smelled like urine. All in all, it was a very depressing place. You could see defeat in the eyes of most people (except the security "men" who stood out as being different). St Petersburg was lovely and you could see that it had been very run down but that the tide appeared to be turning.<br />
No, I wouldn't go back, but if I were 20 years younger, I would go to another part of the country. Travel is good. It opens the mind.

Best Answer

They did make the people pee on themselves during communism.

Best Answer

Back in November 2003, Wales played a football match against Russia in Moscow, being an avid patriotic Welshman I travelled there flying in from Zurich.... But firstly I needed to get a visa from the Russian Embassy in London, to get this I had to be interviewed or should I say interrogated by a giant Russian man, asking the reasons I wanted to visit HIS country... When I told him it was for the Wales football match, he roared with laughter saying that Wales had no chance of winning... He approved my visa, gave me a crushing hand shake and caved in my back from a pat... The journey was on! Before you go to Russia, you have to have your hotel or accommodation booked in well in advance, you can't just arrive and look around for a cheap deal. The Russian police/secret service/customs want to know exactly where you are at all times! As we was football supporters they insisted that we all stayed in the same Hotel which was a huge monstrosity built for 1980 Moscow Olympics it had 1,718 Standard Twin bedrooms, numerous bars, restaurants, casino's, sex clubs, you name it, it had it.... The hotel had gone down hill over the years, losing it's splendour & glamour, concrete cancer had set in, dripping lime stalagmites from the cracks in the ceilings. The class of clientèle has suffered, as now It was like a mini city, full of immigrants, Mafia, prostitutes and reprobates from all over Russia..... On top of all this it was now full to the brim with Welsh football supporters, along with a small firm of hardened hooligans from the teams of Cardiff City, Newport County & Swansea City.... These supporters were more interested in violence, kicking heads, instead of a football.... Phew, I'm going to have to carry this on as a short story.... If want to know the rest, I will post it soon, for now I have to go to work....

Best Answer

Wow!! Well my family is Lithuanian and Lithuanians hate Russians. That's all there is to it. They killed and murdered my ancestors in Siberia. And Renee Fleming told her horror story when she went to sing St. Petersburg how they watched her the whole time. I wouldn't set foot there. I might never come back. You think communism is over there? Putin was a a former KGB!! And he is starting to praise Stalin and deny the atrocities. That man killed over 60 million people!

Best Answer

Some parts of the USSR are very beautiful..and yes, the woman there..as well those from Ukraine and Hungry are VERY beautiful.

Best Answer

Those countries are their own entity now. Hooray for small countries!!

Best Answer

Not at my own expense, I wouldn't, but if it were a paid trip, sure I'd go.

Best Answer

any chance I get, will go!

Best Answer

My policy for travel and knowledge is the same... I never turn it down and I try to seek it out as much as I can...Russia would be amazing.

Best Answer

I would love to go.

Best Answer

I have never been, but always have thought going there from my childhood... so wait it almost 42 years now...

Best Answer

I could spend years there, I've always thought of going.

Best Answer

Never went to Russia... but I would go to see the culture

Best Answer

I have, but I was young, so I do not remember it much except for being so cold all the time.

Best Answer

Have never been but would love to go.

Best Answer

Sure I would take a visit there why not? Ive met Russians nice ppl..

Best Answer

Yeah why not, I'll run it while I'm at it :p

Best Answer

yeah, i want to travel the world, they have a rich history and culture.

Best Answer