growwhereyouglow growwhereyouglow 36-40, F 8 Answers Jan 26, 2013 in Health

I have done hot yoga but not bikram style. I go to a hot yoga studio that is more into vinyasa flow. LOVE IT

Best Answer

I know exactly what you mean about vinyasa, it's almost a dance because of the ease and flow into the positions. I change it up. Birkram is such a great practice, but let's face it, just WHAT is up with the carpet in that hot room. I do like that you hold the positions longer, that's a nice thing, but the carpet thing....ugh

Best Answer

I do Body Flow, which is Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates. It's aimed at the mainstream and it's not super intense. Our gym is finally talking about doing hot yoga and I'm SO excited to try it. I'm gonna be part of a test group to see how it goes. Can't. Freakin'. Wait.

Best Answer

FANTASTIC!!!!!! I'm so glad you're going to try it. What I found is that I took to it like a baby...my mind spins with thoughts...but...when you get into that hot room...there is nothing else you can think about but doing those positions or it will just irritate you. Here is a tip, bring your water of course and fill it with mostly ice as it will melt but still stay cool, also, they have these tablets you can put in your water to offer you electrolytes and other things which help you out...a lot of people that do hot yoga use them, they're made by nuun (you can do a search for them), whatever you do...don't get cucumber mint flavor...gag. GOOD LUCK :D

Best Answer

I thought it was like horrible torture DURING but felt amazing after...you know after I'd showed and changed and drank a gallon of water...lol

Best Answer

It's so funny to me...the first few minutes of the class are my least favorite because that's the time my mind starts saying...do you believe you have NINETY minutes to go. Then once I'm on the fourth position I'm fine. I agree...you feel absolutely amazing afterwards. Hey, here is a tip...I put those Nuun things in my water and that helps with hydration. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=nuun

Best Answer

Ive done yoga,idk about hot yoga o.O<br />
Yoga was horrible, i cant bent like that... its impossible

Best Answer

Some people are more flexible than others, however it's really good for you...but I understand, if you're miserable doing it that's no fun. Hot yoga is typically a 90 minute class in a room that is 105 degrees with 40% humidity and 26 postures.

Best Answer

Yea! ooh ok! well that sucks xD

Best Answer

No, but I'd like to. That and Tai chi.

Best Answer

It's AWESOME! I'm telling you, try it. Usually most places offer a free class so you can see if you will like it. I leave that class so zen'ed out. I think you would really enjoy it.

Best Answer

Thanks! Maybe I will. :)

Best Answer

Is that like the Karma Sutra

Best Answer

no silly ;} like yoga...but in a hot room, I mean, stretching, getting all namaste and such...

Best Answer

Sounds similar lol

Best Answer

right after I left that comment I thought...so...what's the difference ;}

Best Answer