I tried that too and i tell you it works but eventually you'll get tired of faking it and you'll end up with much more pain and depression. try doing recreational activity (something new) just to take your mind away from pain eventually you'll feel better. Beautifying your self helps too. more confidence equals less depression.

Best Answer

Thanks, I've tried all that :/

Best Answer

didn't work huh? maybe there is something missing like for example something to do with your Future?

Best Answer

Yep, looking for a job right now, something that will reflect the effort I put in 7 years working on my bachelors.

Best Answer

Yes, I am the poster girl for fake it until you make it. I find that when I feel a depression coming on, I take action...it keeps me motivated. I am in therapy, and I don't need meds but there are days when I am asking myself why I keep going and what is worth to keep going...I just keep believing that stuff is getting better, and sometimes it works...

Best Answer

I'm glad that works for you, in my case it doesn't though :/

Best Answer

do you have anyone that you can lean on? Don't go it alone...

Best Answer

Not really, family has enough problem as it is. Lost my two closest friends, and everybody else I draw myself away from them as I see them as bad influences in my life :/

Best Answer

removing toxic friends is a great step...stay on this board and keep writing...it really does help...

Best Answer

That is why I started here yesterday, treading water until I decided to ask this question. I love the community here. Much better than Facebook, of which I've closed my account.

Best Answer

Antidepressants don't make you drunk. You are thinking of sedatives.

Best Answer

I mean the way I have to depend on external chemical stimuli

Best Answer

Do you want to live life in misery or be normal? I would never think of going a day without meds. It makes me not be suicidal and hate life.

Best Answer

Just looking for another way, I cut out caffeine to combat my ADD and that worked in that case. Do you still feel the same about life's little things while you're on the meds, if so do the med make you just ignore those feelings.

Best Answer

Clinical depression is a chemical inbalance causing misfiring and absorption of seritonin. I cannot control that myself. It is hereditary in my case.

Best Answer

Acceptance.

Best Answer

Accept reality or depression? I've accepted reality, part of why I'm so depressed.

Best Answer

You change what you can, accept the rest. Leave it to the universe, God, whatever you want to call it. Sorry your sad.

Best Answer

Thank you, I'm working on that :) I'll see what happens

Best Answer

Putting down others always works. Sure its not 'ethic' but it works. There is more than one reason they call it a high horse.

Best Answer

That's part of my depression, I'm a misanthrope and everywhere I look I see people not living up to the potential I was lead to believe as a kid everyone did.

Best Answer

look up CBT

Best Answer

I'll read more into it, but it seems like another trick to make myself happy about the status quo.

Best Answer

it is not a trick. you can re-teach your brain how to let go of old unhealthy cycles that cause depression and learn healthier thought patterns.

Best Answer

I'm looking at CCBT.co.uk right now, it's supposed to be a computer based cbt

Best Answer

I force it... but it really only gets me to the next day. I guess that is all that I can ask.

Best Answer

Still, it'd be nice if we could find a permanent solution

Best Answer

Tell me about it... I have a therapist and some mild medication and I still cried the second I got home today because I knew no one was going to hang out with me this weekend... I'm stuck in a giant city away from my family and old friends because I came here with my husband who ended up leaving me. Everyday is quite a struggle...

Best Answer

I hope the best for you in your new city, and I hope your husband gets what he deserves. And tonight I cry with you. I wish I knew what to say to you right now, life shouldn't have to be a struggle.

Best Answer

Talk to random people in a light, cheery, and random manner :) It's really fun and uplifting :D

Best Answer

Always feel like I'm faking who I am, makes me self conscience, drift away from paying attention to who I'm talking to... then ultimately makes me feel cheap and worse :/

Best Answer

Act super excited about everything you have an interest in :P it's not faking, it's exaggerating :) But lying DOES make you feel like crap, so don't act the same way about things that don't interest you :)

Best Answer

I like escapism, I get excited when a new episode of Doctor Who comes on. The only productive things I like are writing (which I'm not good at) and programming (which requires a lot of thinking, so I can't exaggerate excitement and be productive at the same time) But I'll look for something else to be excited about.

Best Answer