I had to write about an experience about being an usher about seven years ago. This was not a nice experience at all.
DilXXX1982 DilXXX1982 31-35, M 7 Answers Dec 5, 2012 in Community

I have been a Pallbearer about six times, but never an Usher, whatever the role you asked to do, I feel it should be an honour to do it, and be treated with the upmost respect.

Best Answer

Agree with you. To be asked to be one, pallbearer or an usher is an honour.

Best Answer

Yes. It isn't supposed to be "nice". It is supposed to be a service to another in a time of grief and pain. I have been honored to do so, and I handled it in a manner of respect and compassion for the family.<br />
(I took his usher label to mean pallbearer)

Best Answer

Yes it is a privilege to be asked.

Best Answer

Usher no, but I was a pallbearer for an uncle once

Best Answer

I have been a pallbearer too a few times.

Best Answer

I've never been an usher at one but I've been a pallbearer many times. And when I was in the Army, I was on the funeral team. I was one of those guys who shot off blanks while they folded the flag.

Best Answer

Been a pall bearer a few times.

Best Answer

In the USA the funeral home directors take care of that themselves. They will ask for 6 people, to serve as pallbearers; those are usualy once removed family members. I have volentered at all, except the funerals of my son and parents.

Best Answer

You mean the pall bearer? I am referring to being an usher and then in my case ended being THE pall bearer. Have written a story on this experience.

Best Answer

Yes, I mean pall bearer. I have never been to a funeral that asked for ushers.

Best Answer