In real life.
Dragon3lf Dragon3lf 18-21, F 87 Answers Apr 5, 2012

Yes, my dad. He was in hospice care and i was the only one with him when he passed. It was over the course of 3 days and it was really tough to know that i was literally waiting for him to die. I knew all the "stages" he would go through, and went home to sleep each night hoping he'd still be hanging on when i returned. luckily he was -- i would never want him to die alone. I knew he was near the end, but i REALLY needed to pee. So I said, "Daddy, I just have to run to the bathroom, I'll be right back" (he was literally in a deep sleep, with the death rattle breathing and all...) and as I turned to leave, I could tell his breathing had stopped. I ran and called the nurse, who said he still was breathing very shallow, but it was a matter of minutes...so called my sister and we all said some soothing and reassuring things to him in the event he could hear us...and then it was the final moment...It was horrible to wait for this final moment, but in the end I felt great peace. I was able to stay in the room with him until they took him away to the funeral home. It was very surreal. I had watched his soul cross over a few hours prior, I'm sure of it. He was walking towards the light, and he saw his mother. His side of my family have all passed relatively young...kinda freaks me out. I was glad I could be there for my dad -- it was my final gift to him.

(he was unable to walk, but in my dreams he comes back running through grassy fields -- with my deceased dogs!!!)

Best Answer

Watched my mom take her last breath in her house, it was both sad and a great relief. U just have to believe they are in a better place, no more pain.

Best Answer

Like I said, u just need to have faith that they are better off. My Mom took me aside on a Saterday & told me she was tired of the pain, & that she was ready. I had to let her know that I was ok with that. Tuesday she was gone. Hurts, but better for her.

Best Answer

I worked for an ambulance service as a college student. Saw many people die. Was with my mother nearly 24 hours a day for the last two weeks of her life. I wouldn't trade that time with her for anything. I learned so much about life from her in those last few days. I was only 21 and it shaped my future. She was only 49. So many of my good decisions were made because of her. Without her advice, I might be wealthier but I've had a priceless time along the way. Thanks Mom! 24 years later, I still think of you every day.

Best Answer

My Dad was in a private hospital for those who are not going to make it and the day after his 87th birthday he died. He was there for 8 days and I visited 3 times a day everybody was worried about me but nothing my Dad did my whole life was ever too much for him. I felt the same way about him. For 3 hours I watched him watch his life go befor him, he couldn't hear or respond to me and then near the end the staff changed to night shift so wanted to give him a bed bath. Of all the things, can't they let a person die in peace. Anyway I put a stop to it and an hour later he had passed.

Best Answer

yes..and it's never been quick.

Best Answer

yes. had someone have a seizure and die right in my arms

Best Answer

:(

Best Answer

every day of mans life is a small death...mortality sucks...then again...without death, all the ******** from the past, like torquemada and adolf, would still be walking earth...so death HAS its good side too, if it takes out those who try to harm one...

Best Answer

Yes in 2009 I was with my mother as she died from COPD. It was the hardest thing I have ever done was to watch the woman I looked up to all my life, leave and not be sure that anything I did to comfort her helped in any way. She was in a coma most of that day and the next.

Best Answer

error correction: She was in a coma most of the day and the day previous.

Best Answer

My dad.

My grandad.

My gran.

My neighbour.

And a woman i use to look after on my road :(

Best Answer

My Uncle who helped raise me,

My Aunt who also helped raise me,

My Mother,

and My Grandmother..

Best Answer

Yes. One day our neighbour went round to our other neighbour's house and ended up having a heart attack on their doorstep. It was awful. Our neighbour had already answered the door and she shouted for someone to call an ambulance. Luckily she was a nurse so she knew how to ressucitate- but to no avail..by the time the ambulance arrived it was too late.

It was a lovely summer's day I remember and I stood in our garden looking over the fence at the house next door as our neighbour tried to save that man's life. It was weird actually, the whole street, nearly, was outside in the sunshine and whereas it had been all calm before, the street was now in some kind of nervous panic- all of us were in shock I think...This memory still kind of haunts me even today.

Best Answer

yes my husband and it was horrific!!!! :(

Best Answer

Sort of... I saw a car crash uncontrollably into a crowded sidewalk once

Best Answer

There's a young girl that i used to drive to school,

While she was out working her babysitter shook

her infant daughter till her little head filled with blood.

The baby had to be placed on a feed tube,went blind,

and could no longer breath on her own.

I sat with this young mother and her family

as the life support was removed from her child.

Each and everone of us held and passed the baby around

as she was dieing..What a waste of life this was for all of us.

And what a blessing for the child that she was so loved by so many...

Best Answer

Nope never charged went back to Mexico.

Best Answer

My Brother in law. My wife his younger sister had to give the word as he was in a coma, his father was dead and mother in a nursing home. His last breath was unmistakable and unforgettable.

Best Answer

Many. Used to be a nurse at a hospital

Best Answer

Yes. horrible. It makes you think about life a fair bit eh

Best Answer

Yeh my Great Grandad when I was 16, it was from natural causes but it was still messed up being with him when he passed. May he rest in peace

Best Answer

At my age, way too many times.

Best Answer

Yes, many times, I watched a execution go down, a 17 year old boy. MY loving brother I was his caregiver he had Head and Neck Cancer,The cancer grew on the outside of his head (size of a nerf ball), my mother from complications of her diabetes and some of my best friends.

Best Answer