Yes. My husband's business partner told me that I was going to hell for not believing. I told him that Jesus said, "Judge Not" and that if there is a god out there somewhere, it is God's to judge, not his. He said, "Ah, but I judge righteously".<br />
But now he is a convicted sex offender - ********* AND ******. I'm sure that he has justified that in some way in his mind. Perhaps "Heavenly Father" told him to rape his daughters.

Best Answer

All people are bad. <br />
But some will be forgiven. And some won't.

Best Answer

I've had a few similar type attempts thrown my way, I usually get a kick out of them. That's the thing with that type of moronic drivel-its moronic drivel. Religious folks who are strong in their faith and above such crap literally have no way to challenge rejection of their beliefs. They recognize they cannot prove their god to anyone, nor anything they ba<x>se off of their belief in said god, jesus, whatever.

Best Answer

I get a kick out of it only because people like him remind me of drug addicts. There's nothing powering them but their addiction to god. It's a drug to them which I find funny because they look down on everyone thinking they are better than everyone because of jesus...

Best Answer

I agree. If only their was an equivalent methadone clinic for jesus freaks or something. Some way to just ween them off taking bronze aged myths seriously. Unlike drug addicts, former theists turned atheists rarely relapse.

Best Answer

There's a tv channel on my mom's tv, basically this guy walks up to people with his hand out and they fall over and say it's jesus..or something to that extent. Looks like hundreds of people get together at seminars and they all fall over and have seizures.....SO SAD. It's almost worse than drug addiction in my opinion.

Best Answer

Hah. If I'm not mistaken, their is some sort of crowd hysteria that can be attributed to stuff like that. Along with just plain faking.

Best Answer

Yes, and I have also been insulted by atheists for my faith. It's sad that the belief that they are right isn't enough for some people, and they feel the need to shove it down other peoples' throats that they are wrong.

Best Answer

Believe in god, and get attacked, don't believe in god and get attacked. No one will ever be good enough. As long as there are differences, people will be attacked and judged. It's so sad.

Best Answer

It really is. I don't know why people have to be that way. There could be a thousand things to like about someone, but so many people will search for, and pick at, the one thing they don't like.

Best Answer

pretty much in the same way you have done, apparently my bi-polar is the reason i am deluded :/

Best Answer

yeah all the time simply because i dont believe in anything so everyone assume that i should believe in their God

Best Answer

Everyone has their own god, if they think everyone is under control by the SAME god they are fooling themselves. Everyone makes up there own religion and beliefs.

Best Answer

Oh yes. Many times. Not all religious people are bad, but there are too many bad ones who make a mockery of the rest. I am Pagan, which many people for some twisted reason seem to think that means I worship the Devil. Though in my honest opinion, even if I had I don't see how it would be any of their concern.

Best Answer

I read the Satanic Bible for kicks once, and EVERY time I bring it up I get attacked. I do not believe in Satan. But the book was very eye opening. It was saying to believe in ourselves and to accept and love that WE ARE HUMAN. We have wants and needs, urges and desires. Doesn't make us bad to give into them. And true, nothing of a personal nature should be anyone else's concern.

Best Answer

I haven't read it, but that's actually very interesting to me. For all the bad rap people give that religion, it really doesn't sound so awful. That is some of the best advice I've heard come out of a religion based book. Also yes!

Best Answer

Anton LaVey is a genius.

Best Answer

Once in High School. I mentioned something to someone about how I didn't really believe in God.. and she went off on a tirade.

Best Answer