norcaldude norcaldude 46-50, M 15 Answers Jul 24, 2012

Many times.<br />
The first time, it cut my ability to trust in half. The second time, in half again.<br />
By now, there's barely anything left to give. You can't trust nobody.

Best Answer

just forget about past <br />
Don't think about someone who betrayed u<br />
think about whom u r trusting

Best Answer

Thats so weird! I just asked the same question.... I dont know, my wife betrayed me emotionally and I am having a hard time thinking I can trust her.... we are in marriage counseling and I feel like its getting worse rather then better! I try to forget it and move on but keep asking myself if that can ever really truly happen...... Its a recent wound so I cant give true longterm advice but, I know it will slowly eat away at you if you dont figure out how to deal withit!!

Best Answer

yes my dad betrayed me totally by sexually abusing my son, then i found out i had been betrayed basically all my life by both my mom and dad lying to me since I was a kid (he went to prison for abusing a young boy but my parents lied that he was working away). I dont trust anyone now fully and doubt i ever will now

Best Answer

Believe me it will take time and I know it could happen again. But if you are going to be a productive person you will need to reach out to others around you. But don't forget that the others around you feel the same way. Fear can be a good thing.

Best Answer

Yes. I won't be so foolish as to trust like that again. Experience teaches, it is unfortunate that I had to learn that lesson the hard way, but it was learned. Going forward, in new relationships, my trust is different, and not so quickly, nor so easily, given.

Best Answer

Yeah, my sister was hell bent on "doing" my boyfriends ... out of jealousy I guess. She thought i'd always "get the guy" so if she wanted someone, she'd have to take mine, or so she thought (that was her explanation years after the fact). I am pretty sure I didn't expect that kind of behavior and trusted her. And she was not a dog....errrr...in the looks department. Men....well that's a different thing. Cheated on by first husband, reality check happened from observing our society's expectations for "modern men" and ....it is hard to trust. I feel sorry for the younger generation, especially the girls who hope to find true and faithful love. Good luck.

Best Answer