How it has affected your lifestyle and your general point of view? How did you cope with changes in your partners emotions? Did they change over time? Did they succumb to their addiction, or did they manage to overcome it? Just interested to hear of other peoples experiences and to gain some perspective. Thanks guys :)
wintermoonxx wintermoonxx 18-21, F 14 Answers Dec 22, 2012 in Struggles

They always put you last, addiction is a life long problem, people need

help and support for the rest of their life after over coming it, if not often they

go backwards. I know a few who are such good pretenders. Living with an

addict is like living with the side effects of the drugs. You get the after math always. In my experience they should not be in a relationship till sober, and sobering up means ultimate changes to their lifestyle. Especially environment. They are secretive, deceiving and dishonest.

Best Answer

Thankyou. The way you put it makes a lot of sense

Best Answer

I had a bf who smoked pot daily. But I don't really feel like that's a drug any worse than caffeine, so not sure if I can answer the other questions.

Best Answer

Yeah I've dated a couple of daily smokers. The biggest problem there was a lack of energy. And they eat all your food. That's about it. I find most heavy smokers to have a pretty even temperament, they just get irritable when they haven't smoked in a day or two.
But yeah I agree with you there, there are so many more damaging and dangerous drugs to be worried about. I don't understand why marijuana is demonized more than alcohol. I guess it's a cultural/social history thing. And people being sucked in to every word in the media.
The chemical drugs are when things start to get hectic. Completely throwing out the chemical balance in your brain. The comedowns and mood swings are incredible.

Best Answer

There was never enough for me!

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

sure, we'd smoke drugs and screw a lot

Best Answer

i had counseled couple of people..it gave good result..free of cost..i explained the very basic nature of mind, how it makes us slave..how to over power it..and so on..

Best Answer

I got tangled up with an alcoholic for a while. It was ok most of the time until all of a sudden it wasn't.

Best Answer

ugly break-up...I think his addiction fueled it...out of nowhere he attacked me, pistol whipped me, and held a loaded gun to my head...he killed himself a year and half later...I did everything I could to help him, things were pretty good up until that...but he was weak minded and addiction got the best of him...

Best Answer

I am so sorry you had to go through that, thats awful x

Best Answer

My wife got hooked on painkillers a few years ago, took our toddler along to drug deals, bartered sex for drugs, stole from me, sold our things, emptied our account...I put her through rehab four times. We're together but it's a bitter hateful mess now.

Best Answer

Only cigarette smokers :-)

Sorry illegal drugs are a red line for me

Best Answer