Dannym0731 Dannym0731 31-35, F 16 Answers Jan 27, 2013 in Community

earthquake 2010 2011 2012

Best Answer

Several earthquakes. The worst was on the island of Luzon, in 1968, or 69. Several hundred people were killed. The Ruby Towers apartment building collapsed. It was not the most scared I have ever been.

Best Answer

I've been in a couple of tremors; very unnerving feeling. I also slept through the only earthquake I've experienced. I was really bummed out when I found out about it.

Best Answer

I used to live in California, so I can't tell you how many earthquakes I've had to endure. When I was living in Texas, we had one tornado that hit our next door neighbour to the right of us, jumped completely over our house and hit the neighbour to the left of us. I was a little scary, but not nearly as scary as the full gales that my 1st husband would take us into. The waves we something like 50 feet, and our sailboat would cross over the crest of the waves and slam down into the troughs. Once time I was knocked unconscious by a 50-lb tool box the slid off one of the couches in the kitchen and slammed me in the head.

That man was so crazy that he took a 29-ft schooner into hurricane conditions and then turn for home. He had one shot to make it into Moss Landing, which he did... and then called me from a bar to come pick up both him and his masochistic friend. The name of the bar was "He's Not Here", and it was almost true for the both of them!

Best Answer

EF3 Tornado in ballarat Victoria/Australia tracked it from birth track along with it for almost 5miles before it did a quick west turn and went plowing straight threw pine tree's i was a little nervouse when i saw tree's starting to fly in all directions i backed away for a safe viewing distance

Best Answer

Many many tornadoes. All between 1980 and 1990, Texas Oklahoma border. Not the scariest moment of my life though. Almost became humdrum and actually slept through the tornado sirens once or twice.

Best Answer

Many earthquakes. The worst was the 1994 Northridge quake that struck at 4:30 am and threw us out of bed!

Best Answer

Hurricane(s) everyone that hit sFL between 1981 & 1997. Andrew was the worst. No, not the scariest moment.

Best Answer

No tornado or hurricane, but mild earthquakes. Scarier though was the Columbus day storm of 1962 which had winds that exceeded hurricane strength. Our neighbor's barn was knocked down like it had been built of dominoes.

Best Answer

I have been through 2 hurricanes on the east coast, but they were tame and fascinating. It was an adventure. I have seen tornadoes in Oklahoma and France, but again, they were fascinating and thrilling.

Best Answer

Earthquake, Maryland, 2012. It was awesome!

Best Answer

earthquake 2010....I woke up asking my mom why the hell was she shaking the china cabinet late at night LOL!

Best Answer

Lol

Best Answer

Tornado, Texas, 1986. Scariest moment for sure.

Best Answer