pennynoodles pennynoodles 46-50, F 78 Answers Aug 29, 2012 in Community

Yes, it was a classic, I'd runaway from home, article and picture, brilliant job, they printed a picture of the person standing next to me in a holiday snap, it helped me enormously!

Best Answer

Yes, but not by name.

Best Answer

yes quite a few times...........and it wasnt a good thing.

Best Answer

Sure! From all my editorial letters published in our large-circulation Southeastern New York newspaper from my first in 1980 until my last in 2010 - including my inclusion in the annual honorable mentions of all the letter writers, all the way back to my second grade class photo with all our names in our village newspaper mentioning a field trip we all went on or some other such event our class participated in.

Best Answer

(Jeez! All this work and now i see you've already chosen a Best Answer :'(

Best Answer

Sawwry

Best Answer

You know I'm kidding. Btw, that was a good question and I'm glad i had the opportunity to answer it ;) Thanks, Penny.

Best Answer

yeah 3 times? 2 for scholarships and one for our communitiy nursing assistant program, it was new to the community and...needed.

Best Answer

yes i have, i have had a couple pictures of me in it too, and a whole story done

Best Answer

Yes ... many times in the sports section in my younger days, for some awards at other times and one time was interviewed along with three classmates on the hostage situation in Iran

Best Answer

Did you keep the articles?

Best Answer

I did have a scrapbook of those things but somewhere along the line it was misplaced ... thinking of one day getting them back together again though by going to teh newspaper offices and seeing if I can't get copies of them... my little claim to fame lol

Best Answer

It's sometimes nice to look back on things like that.

Best Answer

I ran track in high school, so my name was in the section where it had the results of the meet (small town had all the local sports results). More recently, I was in a paper about putting together a protest (this was about five or six years ago). Since then, no.

Best Answer

Do you still run?

Best Answer

I do. I'm trying to get back in shape a bit, but I can still do an 8 minute mile pace over several miles.

Best Answer

Wow, I'm in awe of you!

Best Answer

That's not all that fast, but it's decent. There are people my age that do 6 minute miles, and can hold for an entire marathon! I'm in awe of them!

Best Answer

Yes, a newspaper, magazine, professional journal, a textbook and a documentary.

Best Answer

You're practically famous! ;o)

Best Answer

No, just a hard worker.

Best Answer

When I was born. A picture of me and my dad was put in it because my mother had died and he was a single father. For some reason, it was considered important.

Best Answer

OMG that is so sad. I am so sorry to hear that. :( Be well.

Best Answer

It was important and I'm sorry to hear that.

Best Answer

Only in the obits and crime arrests. :P

Best Answer

:O)

Best Answer

OK, so I am not really dead yet and I haven't been arrested for vagrancy for a while. :P

Best Answer

Phew.

Best Answer

I am a star! woo hoo ;)

Best Answer

But are you a 'super' star?

Best Answer

Maybe that too ;P

Best Answer

Many times

Best Answer

Yes, three time. Once with I caught a strange fish and then when my mother passed away. And another time I had an article published in the local paper.

Best Answer

Oh yes, for several times and... for good reasons....

Best Answer

yes and the post office

Best Answer

Yes, earned an all expenses paid trip with my job.

Best Answer

Well worth it then!

Best Answer

Yes, it was and I'm trying to do the same thing again this year.

Best Answer

yes...but don't ask me what section! LOL (j/k)

Best Answer

Now you know I've got to ask.. What section?

Best Answer

LOL! Once with a school choir ensemble, another time I was in a school play and there was an article written about it. I also sang on a local country music program. And I was a featured singer at a park near where I lived that featured local talent, so I was interviewed about that.

Best Answer

Several times

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer