missjjdn missjjdn 26-30, F 8 Answers Nov 18, 2010

I thought I found "true love" a few times in my life--at my age I would still like to hope, but the thought of being hurt again is very scary--nothing hurts like a broken heart

Best Answer

I don't think giving up is what I've done...more closing myself up to relationships and not opening up to people to easily? Got to always have hope :)

Best Answer

I'm tired at the moment. It will probably pass, I'm not one to lose faith or abandon hope, but right now I need a break from relationships. I'm usually very proactive in meeting people and working towards a relationship, but now it's time to focus on other things and maybe let things happen naturally instead of going after them. Obviously, if an exceptional person enters my life right now, great! But I'm not going out of my way to force it.

Best Answer

I've given up, for the most part. If it happens, it does. If it doesn't, so what?

Best Answer

Love yourself first.It is the first step to getting over the pain of heartbreak.But it is not the end of everything.Life has to go on.Your career, your family............... has to go on.

Best Answer

Well, I am certainly not holding out hope for it...hehe. Not at this moment anyway. Depending on the lenghth of the subsequent relationship, I wait several years before even dating again. Have to give my heart a chance to heal. It reminds me of having a child...gotta give myself time to forget how painful it was before giving it another go. Am I ever going to find "the whole package"? Probably not. Good thing my priorities have changed.

Best Answer

no. what relationships, failed or otherwise? but I have given up on ever being loved.

Best Answer

Thankyou for your answer. By failed i mean relationships that have ended...that haven't stood the test of time

Best Answer