Hi. I'm from India. Have you ever been here? What do you know about it, other than that it was known as "Golden Bird" before british invasion. Living in india is quite fun, most of the times. But quite difficult either. The best thing about this place is, that we people make relations very soon. But nowadays, the shameful rape case going on, that made ALL OF US sad that most of the Indians didnt celebrate NEW YEAR.
ExperiencesAndNotMistakes ExperiencesAndNotMistakes 16-17, F 14 Answers Jan 1, 2013 in Travel

-

Overpopulated.

Male to female ratio is extremely one sided

Very high abortion rate (because a lot of families don't want girls)

+

Great food

Lots of history

Best Answer

first of all change the mentality of men which is difficult. as i have seen if any foreigner goes there they see her with bad eyes. but good people are also there but the bad people which are few in nos. brings bad name to good people too

Best Answer

all i know is the Indian people i met in NYC were all very nice people and i love Indian food!!!! especially curry!! i really want to travel around the world and India is a very interesting place to me that i would like to visit!

Best Answer

I want to visit so badly! I'm from Los Angeles. I know you wear gorgeous colors in clothing. & deepak chopra is from there. Beautiful india

Best Answer

Thanks. You want to see few pics of those clothes? I won't mind.

Best Answer

yes:-)

Best Answer

Sure.

Best Answer

MY Grandam's parents came from India to Mauritius

Best Answer

I'm only going by whats been told to me by actual indian people.

Overcrowded Cities.

Mass Poverty.

Women essentially have No Rights.

Thats about it.

Best Answer

That's history, sir.
Congress leader here, she a female.
Sunita Williams, Kalpna Chawla, are/were women. So.
We do have rights here. 1/3rd of the seats for educational purposes ARE reserved for WOMEN.

Best Answer

What about the mass poverty,overcrowded cities and wife beatings.

Best Answer

Women still do not have rights, ask your maid.

Best Answer

never been there and i know nothing about it really only some woman from India can look really Hot

Best Answer

I was warned not to go to India because instead of holidaying, you will land up in hospital the chances are with diarrhoea and vomiting, may even cost your life.

Best Answer

That's crazy.

Best Answer

I know you have a lot of good food, you're darker than most Asians, most people in America that work in customer service have an Indian accent, and something about a red dot on a woman's head is sacred...

Best Answer

Red dot, lol, its BINDI. Any colour you choose, not just red.
And please, I'm very fair. All my friends are. Whites, they look like. It depends on region, where you live. No blacks, no whites in India.

Best Answer

Oh, alright. Sorry. And you all have black hair, right? Like in China?

Best Answer

But my face NO FLAT like theirs. In India, faces aren't really FLATS unless your ancesters are from CHINA, NEPAL etc etc. And yes my hair are black, eyes, black (rare, I know). But my friend has Green eyes and blondiash-brown hair. 5 have brown eyes and brown hair. My cousin has grey/grayeyes and my old friend, blue eyes and light brown here.

Best Answer

Do you have an accent? >,>

Best Answer

Yes. Indian. But since, English here came from British, we spell words like 'em, ex: metre. American would spell it, meter. .. But Accent is a WAY different. Different way of speaking.

Best Answer

And most people in/from India are Hindu?

Best Answer

Yes. So am I. But other either.

Best Answer

Ok...

Best Answer

I've been to India twice. Spent a total of about 3 months there. I love the landscapes in India, especially the Himalayas but I didn't much like the people or the cities.

Best Answer

I thought you would like me. :'(

Best Answer

I am from Australia and i know a bit about India because both India and Australia play cricket and so we see india and hear from india when IPL is on and when Australian Cricket team tours the different cities in India.

I loved to watch Sahin Tendulkar bat. But he did not do so well in Australia last time :( Anyway nice to see you on EP

Best Answer