Anonymous2day Anonymous2day 36-40 7 Answers Nov 14, 2012 in Hobbies

I've purchased a number of idems in pawn shops as well as sold and traded a few. These have included tools, guitars, jewlery, knives, guns and have been well pleased with all my dealings. The key to dealing with pawn shops is to know the value of the merchandise, be a good haggler (horse trader) and be prepared to walk if they can't make the deal you want. I refuse to do business with national chains (Pawn America, Cash Pawn, ect) unless they have something I want seriously undervalued (rarely happens) because the managers aren't empowered to deal more than 5%. In smaller locally owned shops I have been able to deal with the owner and get merchandise at as much as 50% off the marked price because they'd rather have cash than money tied up in merchandise and they had recieved items at a much lower price than the taged price would indicate. Sometimes it pays to be an old horse trader, and know something about the value of what you want.

Best Answer

Yes.

I have purchased tools and sold them there too.

Best Answer

My necklace was missing and i found out our maid pawned it.. *shaking my head*

luckly she still had the receipt and I bought it back.

Best Answer

Yes, loads of ****.

Best Answer

Never wanted too be ripped off that badly

Best Answer

Sold 2 gold bracelets.

Best Answer