You ever just want to pack up your clothes, take the little bit of money you have out of the bank, get in your car, and just drop off the grid? Be invisible to your credit card issuers, the IRS, your family, your obligations....Just disappear?
dazedandconfuscious dazedandconfuscious 36-40, F 91 Answers Jun 2, 2012

I did I last year,was the best thing I ever did. I packed a bag and bought a one way ticket to London and started a new life. I started by living in a squat in North London and ended up with an amazing job and living in a 5 storey townhouse on Portobello road. I had to give it up and return to where I came from for a family matter-I'm taking off again in the new year. Don't know where too yet. If anyone wants to join,the world is our oyster :)

Best Answer

Want some company? I believe it's time for me to go.

Best Answer

take me too

Best Answer

And "us" are the pearls :)

Best Answer

I'm in

Best Answer

Almost every day of my life. Just not good enough, tough enough, smart enough, kind enough, or anything enough for anyone or myself. My husband thinks he his my father. My daughters and son don't really like me, I hate where I live , I hate my place of employment. I miss not having friends. I am tired of hurting people and not being able to help hurting people. I guess Montana or Alaska would be good places to go to and begin again.

Best Answer

I'm reading these threads to try to understand why my spouse takes off every month. Lately he had been doing good because he stayed sober but the people in his life who encouraged him to not stay sober have been influencing him again. I get into stupid arguments sometimes and this last one he ran for I feel so bad about but he isn't here for me to apologize to. I think sometimes we forget to tell the ones we love the positive things or forget to let them know how much we love them like its obvious and we only need to say what we "don't" like. I think I am a perfectionist and that it is hard on him especially because the positive isn't verbalized enough. I wish he would just come home and stop running. Thank you for posting, I never even thought of women doing this. I hope you work thinks out with your family. Don't be afraid to talk with them. I'm sure they love you. Also, if your husband treats you like a child consider that might be the reason you have problems with the kids. Respect can be demanded. Be strong and affirm yourself.

Best Answer

I'm with you. I am not married but living with someone - kids are grown and have kids of their own. Tired of working my tail off in a job I don't like and trying to make everyone else happy while I give up my dreams. At 46 I would like to pack my trunk and drive to Montana or Colorado - live in an apartment above someone's garage and hide -- maybe bartend for a few years until I figure out what I really want to do?

Best Answer

I hear you on that one almost to the "T" I feel like I have always lived my life to be happy for others I left NC and came to NY left my boyfriend in my house and came to NY and Im paying the bills there and now my daughter and grand children just moved back to NY and I feel like I dont know what to do my dad passed back in jan and my mom is having a hard time with it because she is not physically able to do the things she needs to do so that is my problem but, I just feel like I want to run away from it all!! God bless all of us that feel this way... good luck to all@@ lostinspace 45-50

Best Answer

If you need company I am a friend for the end of the world

Best Answer

Everyday. <br />
I wrote a story about it. <br />
One day say I'm going on an errand and never come back.

Best Answer

I did it for 4 months, Just picked up and went to europe for 4 moths. Crashed on peoples couches for most of it, Lived in a squat in Ukraine with a bunch of hippies for a month, then went to the czech republic, more couchsurfing, Then hitchhiked from CZ to paris, where I lived in the 18th district as a couch surfer for abit over 2 weeks. It was awesome.

Best Answer

Wow, sounds thrilling!

Best Answer

All the time.. I'm thinking abou it now

Best Answer

I feel like this often. Someone once told me life anywhere else is just life. I cant help feeling there maybe something more. Some place to feel free and happy. :(

Best Answer

There are great places everywhere. Maybe ask yourself why you want to go. I feel like that too but i know it has to do with my depression. I could take that with me too. Just forcing myself to go out, not to another country, just out of my area to do something helps a little. I went to a fishing derby my spouse wanted to go to, after he took off on us. I decided to still go and at first, I was so depressed and missing him. Bad thoughts came under the darkness of the day, but later, the sun came out and i noticed that everyone, not just me, lit up. Sunlight! I was still down because he wasnt' there but the joy of the other people around me made me laugh again. We can get nourishment from other happy people.

Best Answer

I feel so bad for everyone struggling with leaving but having no where to go. I wish I had a home I could open up to people to get a fresh start. When I was 28, I ran away from my roommates because I felt like they were trying to kill me. I probably just had mental problems from drinking too much and more than likely a little schizophenic back then. Well, I'm better now and feel like I have my sanity back (mostly), however now I'm in a sucky relationship for the past 8 years with a guy who I've found out is a sociopath. I helped him raise his two kids, the older one is also a sociopath, and since they are grown up almost, I feel like I can soon leave and start my life over once again. I don't drink anymore and I have huge goals that I still want to accomplish in my life. I think the best thing you can give yourself is hope for the future. No matter how crappy you are treated by your family, or how much you want to kill yourself to get away from them, try to remember that things will change with time and considering how much they suck right now, they can't get worse really, they can only get better. Check out love fraud dot com to learn more about sociopaths and how common they are. I had been in a pattern of being in relationships with sociopaths because I was raised by one. Once I learned how to see the signs and learn how to deal with them, my life got a lot easier and I stopped blaming myself like everyone around me had done all my life. When the young one leaves here (hopefully next year) I'm dumping my narcissistic sociopath of a husband and leaving town and the country. Sorry this is so long, but I hope it helps someone to not give up. I may be 44 now but I'm not done yet.

Best Answer

yes right now i have til the 22nd to find a place to live im going to college 3 days a week and just want to drop everything pack up what i need take my car and my last 400 and go but im afraid of the consequences idk what to do anymore in life and ya im crying about it because i can and its true i have noone depending on me no ties to this town other than friends and i just cant quit being a ***** and dealing with my ****** life i just wanna run...

Best Answer

It will get better I promise. Go if you can go start school some where else and live a little life is very short you just never know when and what will happen next Let go and let GOD .. be blessed in all that you do. Enjoy life be responsible but enjoy your life we only get to do it once!!

Best Answer

I have the money if you need a partner in crime :)

Best Answer

hm.. really?

Best Answer

working on it, no credit cards almost no debt(gotta pay off the truck) then it's see ya

Best Answer

Yep...but then I relize I have worked to hard to have what I got...so I better stay and look after it...

Best Answer

Yep I hear ya. You know you could just go somewhere for 2 days camping or take part in a fishing derby or something and call that running away. :)

Best Answer

Not since Thursday. Monday, could be.

Best Answer

I'm 58 with three grown children that come to me with all there problems money boyfriends pay bills it never stops a husband that when he drinks I don't like him very much and i am caring for my 91 year old mom that never has a nice thing to say complains about everything I just want to go far away where no one can find me put I would miss my grand baby's they are the only happiness I get out of life

Best Answer

Yeah i am 20 years old and want to run away now i live in uk n plan on camping in a tent for a while and wod love for people to join me message me if interested x

Best Answer

I think I want to go to Israel. Just make food. Serve it. Make people happy.

Best Answer

Israel is not the place buddy...
Trust me

Best Answer

So much lately. My son is 22 and thinks I still am responsible for him. He won't work, blames everything on me, his mother(we are divorced 21yrs), ex-wife's husband, my girlfriend, you name it. i am so tired of all it. I love him and cannot seem to kick him out cause I hate to see any family member without a place. But, what do I do but just leave myself and disappear from everyone.

Best Answer

Somehow you have to make your son understand that he has to be able to stand on his own 2 feet. I am doing that with my son right now. He's been failing school not doing homework and I am telling him constantly that I won't be the mother of a boy who stays home till his an old man like some I've seen. Working is a part of life and everyone grows up to be and independant adult. I even threaten to drop out of the picture. Right now I have to find someone else to teach him how to cook for himself. I'm thinking a local family center. I will suggest a workshop of that nature and sign him up because sometimes they just don't hear their own mothers anymore.

Best Answer

No give him tough love I hope by now since you posted this that you have either made him get a job and help you or you have given him tough love and made him move out so he can get a taste of the real world... GOD bless you and your son because all you are doing is enabling him if you let him stay and not help out.

Best Answer

I'm a 22 year old medical school student. I have always wanted to run away ever since I was a kid, but never happened. I was too scared of what my family may think about me and the kind of reputation I will leave on them. The truth is I only wanted to to get into medical school because that is what my family wanted me to do ever since I was young and it kind of conditioned me to become one to the point that I can no longer imagine myself not a doctor. I'm stuck and I feel completely empty.

For the last few months I have been planning on leaving, originally telling my boyfriend to keep me for a while but I am no longer entertaining that option because I am beginning to feel like I don't want to be with him anymore. So why do I want to leave? It's the freedom to be myself and to be one with the world. I'm sick of the way my family treats me like an investment object, giving me the responsibility of taking good care of them when they get old (my aunt and uncles included) simply because I'm the one headed for medschool and they feel like I owe them for raising me. I feel that is unfair. I'm sick of my lying father who cheats on my mother; I recently found out that he has a child with another woman. He constantly scrapes my mother off her money to finance his gambling and God knows what else. He hides this from us, pretending to be a saint. He has emotionally abused me as a child (it was his form of discipline) and now I am a lost, emotionally unstable adult. Despite all of these, my father never forgets to feed me. But he is unusually strict -- I understand he is trying to protect me, but he can't protect me forever.

Now I am trying to get myself out of the country. I know this will break my mother's heart (even if she annoys me sometimes, I still love her) but I want to go away...

Best Answer

I'm not an adult but i do wish i can run away and never look back, i hate my life i have one close friend who dislikes me parents who also dislike me and everyone looks down upon me mainly because they hate my personality the way i look and also because i'm not that smart. i just want to be independent and never have to deal with people again. I want to live on my own on a farm with some animals. I don't want to deal with my high school, collage, career, or media. I want to be off the grid no matter how lonely or boring.

Best Answer

yes..all the time..

Best Answer

Every day

Best Answer

I'm 43 and I work 2 jobs, I can barely make ends meet. I have a daugher of 12 and that's the only reason I haven't ran away already.<br />
I'm in a sucky relationship and I'm depressed, unhappy and sad.<br />
I feel like leaving everything and everyone and just disappear. However I feel that would be selfish of me because my daughter depends on me. I have to pay child support so my ex-wife new husband won't have to curse my daughter and tell her what a loser her father is. I love my daugther, so I can't run away. It would be better if I was dead atleast then she would get the social security I have worked for all these years and I wouldn't be a dead beat dad. I would just be dead..........

Best Answer

Wow don't know you just know what I read right here and it says so much >you could never be a dead beat dad as you have so much love for your daughter which makes you admirable , a person of character.Try to build on whatever self esteem you can find inside yourself ,move away from unhelpful relationships and people where you can and be a great role model and friend for your daughter-even if through her teens you seem to get no thanks for it -all that love and care will help her grow and you as you give it! Each day is new and you can change yourself and your situation - maybe needs to be one small step each day ,unseen by others but keep with it,focus on your positive plan to change - write it down ,use it as a " constructive distraction - even obsession to help you through bad days.Best wishes

Best Answer

It wouldn't be better because she would feel you abandonned her and she would be devasted. I had counselling and always try to remember this,"you can't change the way someone acts only the way you react to that persons actions".

Best Answer

I noticed someone suggesting you move away from your unhealthy relationship. I never make comment on relationships because everyone, and i mean everyone has been telling me the same and I can tell you i love my spouse so much leaving him only makes my life more miserable. What is sucky about your relationship? You are best asking yourself this and having discussions with your partner and only your partner because everyone will tell you to leave her. That's the only easy answer you will ever get from everyone because they put no thought into it, it's not their life and all they hear is,"it's a sucky relationship".

Best Answer

I hope you have changed your mind on this matter. While I am not completely opposed to suicide for all people more often than not it is the people who shouldn't that do.
My brother did. I don't think he totally meant to but he did. I know he was feeling like a failure and likely many feelings that you have stated, but having a loved family member being dead is not better for anyone. It is hard and I miss him and it has destroyed another brother.
Just keep on truckin' along and find the silver lining. It's there. Sometimes I just enjoy the breeze or the sunshine because I can feel that, it's real, and if I were dead I wouldn't even get to enjoy that.
Look into natural remedies for depression, meditation, weird Chinese herbs, exercise and avoiding things that can contribute or make depression worse. That has helped me immensely. There may be a whole lot of things you can't do but there are still many things you can do. And death so your daughter can collect insurance is likely to hurt her more than help her.... Unless you are a child molester, then suicide is the best option.

Best Answer

Feel for you. Be PROUD, you're a good dad. Run away a bit every weekend with your daughter, camp or something and have fun with her. You're not a loser because you are a Dad and Dad's ( and Mum's) who stick for their children are never losers.

Best Answer