mstericel mstericel 26-30, F 13 Answers Jan 9, 2013 in Depression

Yep, and that's how I found my therapist and psychiatrist. Every one I'd gone to required blood work and my biggest phobia is needles. I wasn't suicidal but I was scared I was about to break down when I called. They helped me by talking me down and getting me a phone number to the clinic I go to now every week. My daughter didn't have a good experience calling though. She was suicidal and said talking to that woman made it worse because she talked down to her and acted like she was just being silly. She said she could "hear" her rolling her eyes, if you know what I mean. The only "help" she got was an offer to call for an ambulance. That got a hang up.

So I guess it's good for some, not so good for others.

Best Answer

Two days ago I was about to call one. What daughter went through is what I was afraid of. That they'd tell me it's ridiculous.

Best Answer

When you're thinking of calling a crisis line you might as well give it a shot. I had a GREAT experience. I got the help I needed and a kind voice to make me feel comfort that I desperately needed. Totally non-judgmental.

Best Answer

yes and yes

i wanted to be helped, i was open to receiving it.

hour and a half of talking got me through the worst time of my life

......... 20 years later and i am glad to be alive,

................ the emotional pain is still there

...................... but much less and much easier to deal with.

as with all forms of help, you have to be open to what they are able to offer

not expect the impossible.

respect, from robbie

Best Answer

Yes, once for me and once for advice for someone else, it helped.

Best Answer

Yes and it validated what I needed to do and gave me some resources.

Best Answer

well done to you! respect, from robbie

Best Answer

Yes and not really.

Best Answer

and yet, here you are... still alive, with the opportunity to heal yourself further. respect, from robbie

Best Answer

I think you just can't expect a stranger to be able to "fix" you - it's something you need to do for yourself maybe. I know they're not there to fix you but perhaps to lighten the load, I think there is just so much going on in my head that I'm confused, I can't expect anyone else to understand me when I can't :)

Best Answer

Very well said.

Best Answer

Yes. Not at all.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I did....nobody picked up... :/

Best Answer

and how many times did you try? they need to pee sometimes... and sometimes they are already talking to someone else... even crisis lines have busy periods ... weird or what ;-) respect, from robbie

Best Answer