I am interested in donating I just want to know what to expect.
xstephanierose xstephanierose 18-21, F 11 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Health

Yes, I have, The process usually takes at least an hour. The fun starts at the registration desk. After you get done reading our safety information, you wait until your name is called. You are then escorted into a private room. One of our Health History employees will ask you some fairly personal questions to make sure you are healthy enough to donate and do not engage in behaviors that put you at risk for AIDS. While you are in the room, the screener will take your temperature, check your blood presssure, and test a drop of your blood to make sure the donation will not make you anemic.

Once you get past these preliminaries, a phlebotomist (usually the person you were with in the room) takes out a pint of blood. If you get light headed during this part of the process, the blood bank staff will do what they can to help you. Just remember: reactions are common. It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Once your blood bag is full, one of our fine employees will bandage your arm and send to the refreshment. At this point, one or two volunteers will get you a glass of water and offer you juice, soda, or one of several hot beverages. It is recommended that you stay in the canteen area for at least ten minutes, especially the first time you donate.

Please donate blood at the Red Cross or your local blood bank. Your unit of blood can help up to three people!

Best Answer

Yep! First they'll take a small sample of blood [a pin *****] to determine if it's toxic, tainted, or diseased....2) If not, you'll go in the other room ,full of beds, and lie down, 3} They'll tie a rubber hose to choke off your arm , so your vein pops up, then 4) injects an IV that drains a pint of blood into a container...5) then you lie there for a little while after they give U a glass of orange juice...6) Pay you, 7) then send you home... you'll feel am lack of energy for a while, that's pretty much it!...They gave it back to me, 30 yrs later for a ruptured appendix....lol...

Best Answer

1 time and i filled the bag in like a second flat and was ready to get my juice and cookie, till i stood up and passed out cold. Lol hit the ground like a sack of taters

Best Answer

A couple times. They nip at your finger to test your blood iron levels, which is my least favourite part. Everything else isn't so bad, unless you don't like needles.

Best Answer

Tried to twice at a blood donation camp....but they would not allow me saying that i have high levels of haemoglobin

Best Answer

Nope.......never weighed enough.....

Best Answer

No, and I don't intend to, ever.

Best Answer

Yep, but can't anymore now..

Best Answer