I read about a scorpion that produces 90% acetic acid and stores it, so if a person were to drink 90% acetic acid would they be okay? (Including enzymes in the person's blood since the bug's enzymes are not affected) the scorpion can have 90% acid in its stomach without burning? especially the enzymes that make its acid. its protein and humans are made of protein too...so has anyone else did this ? lol
Ametyy Ametyy 18-21, M 7 Answers Dec 8, 2012 in Health

Hydrochloric acid which we have in our stomachs is much stronger that acetic acid because it contains more hydrogen, a highly corrosive strong mineral acid.

Best Answer

Acetic acid is only concentrated vinegar per se.

Best Answer

No, I haven't. If a scorpion has it in its system, it's made for that. We are not scorpions and acetic acid will burn your skin, eyes, and throat. The amount of acetic acid in vinegar is less than 10%, usually around 6%. Drinking 90% acid is going to hurt you. If you manage somehow to avoid getting burns, it will cause stomach pain and diarrhea and probably cause you to vomit. And if it burns going down, it's going to burn coming back up, too.

Best Answer

It would dissolve your flesh before you tasted a thing.:

Best Answer

No it wouldn't the bug doesn't dissolve himself does he? it doesn't even dissolve the proteins that make the acid!

Best Answer

worst case scenario: throw up

Best Answer

you are not a bug......they can do lots of stuff you can't...like walk on walls

Best Answer

yeah BUT the enzymes that make acetic acid are the same. made of protein. skin is made of protein, so are cells
so cells and skin wouldn't be affected the bug can make near 100% and still not have any proteins denature

Best Answer

There are different types of proteins. The enzymes that make the acid are DEFINITELY different than the ones that make up your skin. Think about it, is your skin made of acid? no. Does the acid have any skin-like properties? no. That acid can really damage you, I wouldn't chance it.

Best Answer

People can't consume most concentrated acids...so this doesn't seem like a healthy obsession

Best Answer

yeah but what if I held my nose and took meds to stop the gag reflex?

Best Answer

the gag reflex..is there for a reason.....you need a better hobby

Best Answer