I have - but in this case I think it was justified. I was still at school, and I was class president, so all of a sudden the "cool" kids wanted me to hang out with them. So I did, because I was flattered, and just wanted to feel like I belong somewhere. I wasn't your typical class president - well-liked, but socially awkward. After a while I started to realize they only wanted me there because hanging out with me boosted their status. To test the theory, I decide to do an experiment: for 2 weeks, I would only speak when spoken to. By the end of the 2 weeks it had become abundantly clear that they had no real interest in me whatsoever, because they hardly ever spoke. So in the middle of a conversation they were having, I just turned around and walked away, and found a new group of friends.

Best Answer

I see your point here...but, do you think that perhaps they thought it strange that you only spoke when spoken to...like you had zero thought process unless provoked into doing so? I would find that disturbing.

Best Answer

No - I'm pretty sure they didn't even notice. Because I usually took part in the conversations before the "experiment", and surely real friends will notice if you just go mute all of a sudden, and ask you what's wrong?

Best Answer

Very true...i agree.

Best Answer

but it's not an experiment I'd recommend. Sometimes we're better off believing that people actually care... Not that I'm sorry I did it - I found some really awesome friends - but it's a big disillusionment.

Best Answer

Never even though I got flak for not doing it. I couldn't do that to a friend :-)

Best Answer

I've never fit in nor had many friends to drop. Frankly, I prefer it that way.

Best Answer

No I haven't. I left others to be healthier, and less HOST like. I can't fees and save the world even though I almost die trying, quite frequently. What a **** I am to me.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

nope! never,I know who my true friends are

Best Answer

No. I've done a few things in life that I regret but thankfully, that wasn't one of them. I'm pretty loyal when it comes to true friends

Best Answer

i really hope you haven't done this. You should apologise and beg forgiveness

Best Answer

I wouldn't do this. Making an assumption such as this about someone you don't know is a very foolish thing to do. By your answer I could assume that you have a guilty conscience.

Best Answer