What was it like?
BMWlvr88 BMWlvr88 22-25, F 7 Answers Dec 20, 2012 in EP

Yeah, few times. Last one I remember it was in 2009

Best Answer

Loma Prieta 1989 7.1 on the Richter scale. I was about 5 miles from the epicenter working under a house. I thought a large earth mover was driving by. I crawled out from under the house to watch it collapse. Trees shook and leaves fell like snow. Every car alarm went off at once. Motorcycles tiped over. I had to travel only 6 miles to get home and check on family but without trafic lights it took almost 1.5 hours.

Best Answer

That is quite the story, good you got out in time... I just looked up some info... It's wild how do much damage can be done so quickly... Lasted 10-15 seconds.

Best Answer

I lived 1/2 of a mile from epicenter for the Northridge, CA quake of 1994. Up until that one they were always "fun". That quake was scary, and massive damage. I moved to Las Vegas after that.

Best Answer

Wow... How would you describe the feeling of it?

Best Answer

It came in two cycles. Each was about 15 seconds with 10 seconds inbetween. There are two basic types of quakes. This one was like someone punching the ground from inside the earth. The other type is a 'rolling' or 'wavy' vibration. Also, how it feels will vary depending on the soil & rock under you, so someone a mile away might have described it different.

Best Answer

No, we only deal with tornado's, hurricane's, and flood's.

Best Answer

Not yet...My biggest so far is a 3.6

Best Answer

Where where you?

Best Answer

SoCal

Best Answer