I've never been trained in any job I've ever had. I was basically thrown into the deep end and told to swim. It made it very hard and many times I'd be called out for doing something the wrong way because I wasn't shown how to do it. Eventually, though, I figured it out and excelled at every job I've ever had.

Best Answer

Yes, inadequately trained seemed to be the norm at my work. It was even a joke. But 'throw em in and see it they float' always seems to separate the ones who are worth keeping from the ones that aren't; in retail, anyway. Self-initiative is always rewarded.

Best Answer

I had a job in the mid 1960s in the shipping department of a clothing manufacturer. I was to weigh the packages and attach proper postage before shipping them out. Well, guess what!!!!!!!! They didn't have a scale, I was to guestimate the weight and they got angry and told me I was stupid and attaching too much postage. The boss called me into his office and screamed at me, calling me a dumb broad. He was still screaming at my back as I walked out the door and out of the building. I went back three days later, with my father to pick up the pay I had coming. The boss said he was sorry, and that he would buy a scale and I could have my job, if I still wanted it. I didn't.

Best Answer

Welcome to peak season in retail. This is happening all across the Western World right now.

Best Answer

Yep, I was told I'd be trained for 3 days, I was only trained for one and then thrown into it. I lasted about an hour and then quit.

Best Answer

i feel that that's going to happen to me this week. which is a shame, considering this is my first job and i need the money to pay for next semester's fees.

Best Answer