It is called sleep paralysis. It isn't uncommon at all. What is happening is your brain is waking up while your body is still in REM sleep. This is why you can be awake when this happens. Unlearned people say "I truly believe that this is a spirit that is angry with you because you did something naughty or angered it somehow. My mom is very spiritual and she knows about these things." or some crap like that which just scares people and is counter productive to helping anyone. Vivid hallucinations may be part of this experience. In other words, you perceive an experience of something that is not there. In a broad sense, the hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis can be divided into visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile experiences.<br />
The visual experience can be quite profound. Many people report seeing the presence of a human figure, often described as being a dark figure, shadow or ghost. This figure may be standing at the bedside, just at the periphery of your vision. Some people report seeing multiple people in the room. Others report that they see flashes, bright colors or lights. Sometimes the visual hallucination can be quite elaborate. For example, some have reported seeing a disembodied hand, a gargoyle, bugs or even a cat. In other cases, the visions are vague, described as being blurry or shimmering or simply having a sense that things are floating.<br />
Similarly, the experience of auditory hallucinations in sleep paralysis can range from the routine to the bizarre. Many people hear various noises. It is most common for people to hear voices. The language used might seem foreign. There may the perception of whispering, screaming and laughing. Nearly as often, a loud buzzing or static noise is reported, much like the sound of a radio that is on but not tuned to a station. Some people hear breathing, footsteps, knocking or a ringing sound. Even unusual sounds like a horse carriage or growling may be perceived. Sometimes the sounds heard during sleep paralysis are nonspecific, difficult to characterize or not well remembered.<br />
One of the most often reported phenomena of sleep paralysis is a tactile hallucination, the experience of being touched when you are not. Many people describe feeling a pressure or contact, often sensed as if something or someone is holding them down. Some people with sleep paralysis describe tingling, numbness or a vibrating sensation. Others describe a sense of floating, flying or falling. A few people report feeling chilled or freezing. Less frequently, there may even be a sense that you are being physically moved or dragged from your bed. Some people report sexual contact, including physical sensations involving the genitalia or even rape. Other physical experiences have been reported as well, including a sense of being bitten, bugs crawling on the skin, breathing in the ear or an uncontrolled feeling of smiling.<br />
Also rarely you may smell things. there is alt of info out there so just research.

Best Answer

I would like to recommend some natural remedies for those who face sleep disorders, first thing is pray before you sleep ( recite ayatul- kursi 3 times keeps a person under the protection of his Lord till Fajr) , burn some frankincense (frankincense helps to increase the supply of oxygen to brain which can be helpful) or incense sticks in the room you sleep, put one drop of Lavender oil on your tongue and then go to sleep. Insha Allah you may soon find relief from every kind of sleep disorders.

Best Answer

Ned is quick when he wants to be.

Best Answer

lmao

Best Answer

haha...like minds ;}

Best Answer

yes when i was 7 i felt someone holding my hand i was a sleep at first i woke up gave my dad a hug went back to my room and still felt it had this feeling 3 more times i was in my 20s i felt the something/someone holding my hand and i was wide awake. when i was 25 then as i was laying on the couch someone/something was holding my hole body it was a good feeling though and again i was wide awake.so it happened once when i was asleep but i was 7 n after i awoke i still felt it.

Best Answer

The same thing happened with me I felt a hand on my stomach then I awake I opened my eyes the room was completely dark and thought it was my sisters hand because I was sleeping with but when I touched it it was thin hand still and cold I tried to remove it but it even did not shaked I was very scared I closed my eyes and started praying and I don't know when I felt asleep this was my first experience and just now I felt some thing and tried to search it on google and come across this I was awake just trying to sleep alone no one was in my room I felt a body beside me the hands and legs they were touching my body and then I touched that hand it was thin the same hand but now it was moving the legs were touching my legs and then I tried to open my eyes but I was not able to not able to shout or speak anything I was opening my mouth but sound didn't came out and when after trying hard I opened my eyes no one was there

Best Answer

Ya when i was stationed in korea. I was asleep with my future wife, (we are married now) and anyway i had this dream i was chasing or running from someone. well any way i chased them around and i ended up in a hot tub with some random people, and all the sudden the person i was chasing grabbed my leg underneath the water and pulled me down. At that exact time i woke up because something really grabbed my leg while in bed and i woke up because it was pulling me from below the blankets. <br />
That really freaked me out.

Best Answer

Yes I had the same experience last night. I went to sleep around 11pm, I was tired from partying the weekend lol. Any who while I was fast asleep I felt a tap on my nose that immediately woke me up. As if someone or something had tap me on my nose with their finger. I was taken by surprise because this is not something I experience at all. I looked around and there was no one there. I was home alone room was dark for the most part. I had no explanation for what had happen and decided to go back to sleep.

Best Answer

Yes! Today! I was asleep in the afternoon around 3 pm all by myself at home ... my cat was sleeping on my bed near my feet. I felt someone take my hand above my head and cuddle it close to them in both hands and start stroking it and then took my other hand above my head and started to stroke both my hands. There is only a small cupboard with books behind my bed.<br />
At first I thought it was my cat, cuddling my hand and forearm in his sleep because I sometimes sleep the other way for him to do that...I was asleep thinking this, but when he/she/ it took my second hand above my head and started rubbing it gently but getting more loving with each rub getting harder, I realised it wasn't my cat and could be a burglar in the house trying to wake me up to scare me and probably kill me...maybe I left the back door open for the cats and fell asleep...so I forced myself awake and found to my surprise, that I was sleeping in the normal direction with both my arms stretched above my head (which I don't normally do) and had a mild case of pins and needles in them. There was nobody there except my cat fast asleep by my feet, and my bedroom door was locked as well as the back door. The sensation and experience had been a loving, safe feeling though, until I got scared of burglars.<br />
Made me wonder though....I was alone and asleep in the house...who was behind my bed holding and rubbing my hands and forearms ever so lovingly today?

Best Answer

Well I believe that ghost is real.

Best Answer

I believe they are too I really do

Best Answer

I can feel pain and I can taste things in my dreams. I had a nap today and woke up because someone was pulling my arm really hard also felt like someone was Chinese burning me, woke up no one was there. Fell asleep again and woke up because it felt like my foot and some of my leg was burning and also felt like I had really bad pins and needles. Woke up my leg was fine. I find it really strange.

Best Answer

Yea, but when I woke up someone arms were on top of my hands when I opened my eyes I still had that feeling and then it disappear when I moved my hand and i still see the arms print. CREEPY!<br />
and nobody was in my bed or room my family were all sleeping. (I was alone)

Best Answer

That has happened to me three times in my life. The first time, I was lying next to my husband and he was reading in bed. I closed my eyes, and I felt him touch my face. I opened my eyes, but he hadn't moved. I asked him if he had touched my face, and he said no.<br />
I was so freaked out by that, I moved the bed across the room. (Don't ask my why I thought that would help). A month or so later, I woke up because someone was holding my hand. And then I realized that my hand was hanging down off the side of the bed. And the only way someone could be holding my hand in JUST that way was if they were standing on the countertop in my kitchen, one floor below, with their hand going up through the floor. I didn't sleep well after that.<br />
Years later, I woke up because it felt as though someone was poking me in my leg with long bony fingers. I was living in a different house at that time.<br />
If it's any consolation to you, I firmly believe (now)....that these are simply very vivid dreams that involve physical sensations.

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind advice. I have been fortunate in recent years...the "mean souls" seem to have found that I am not so much fun to tease. I don't get too scared or excited...maybe that's why they are leaving me alone now.

Best Answer

Did you follow the standard check list and make sure Ned was still in Oz?

Best Answer

lmao

Best Answer

Yes has happened to me twice now, the first time my wife and I were sleeping with our backs to each other and we both woke up at the same time asking each other what do you want because we both felt someone tapping our shoulders twice it was wierd . The second time I was by myself sleeping and Igot the same two taps on my shoulder waking me up in the middle of the night and no one was around . I can't explain what that means but it wasn't scary just strange.

Best Answer

Hey...was it Ned Kelly having an out of body experience...he just had to touch you :} OH GOD...what a dork I am!! I mean this is what I'm talking about...you know you've spent too much time on ep when you know things like this...propa goof residing :D

Best Answer

your a bit kooky me thinks.

Best Answer

Who are you, Barbara Hershey?

Best Answer

lmao..Funny Ernie

Best Answer

Oh good, you saw the movie, too.

Best Answer

A few months ago, I woke up very cold. I got up to change the thermostat and went back to bed. I left the door of my room open with a little light pouring in, which is something I never do. I wanted the temperatures to equalize. I was trying to go back to sleep, but I couldn't because I was troubled. I had been raped and I couldn't get it out of my mind. I was tossing and turning, pondering whether or not to tell more people about it and what I would say. I rolled on my right side facing my door with my right hand hanging off my bed. There are about 6 inches between my bed and my nightstand. The next think I knews, I FELT A HAND TOUCH MY HAND. I was confused, but not frightened. I moved my hand away for a second, then back where it was and sure enough the hand was still there touching my hand. It felt warm and soft. I could feel the padding of the fingers. It was firm and didn't move when I pressed against it. It was there. It was real. How could I be imagining this? And I was awake! Whenever I entered my downward spiral of thinking about how I had been raped, sleep was something unattainable that I longed for. I had been panicking but this hand completely took my mind off of what troubled me. I was not afraid, but I was curious. I tried to turn on my light, but no matter how many times I turned the switch, the light would not turn on. I could see my whole room dimly lit, with the light from the lamp in another room illuminating my typically completely dark room at night. I got out of my bed and stepped on the ground. I could move around yet my physical body could not move. No matter how I tried, I couldn't move my physical body and this frightened me so I tried to say "Jesus Christ is Lord" as I had been taught whenever in the presence of something demonic. I didn't knownwhat this hand was so I was trying to be safe but the words wouldn't stop before I could say "Lord" and come out all garbled. How could I move yet my body didn't move? How could I walk around and turn light switches yet nothing happened? I believe I was moving outside of my body. I didn't sense anything evil, but I was confused so I immediately went into my little brother's room. We shared a wall. But I didn't walk down the hallway and into his room, I just instantly shot through the wall. I hovered over his bed, wanting to wake him up and tell him that these weird things were happening and I didn't know what was going on. I got in his bed. It was warm. I felt safe and happy again. But right before I was about to wake him up, I immediately entered my body again. At the time, I didn't think much of it because I felt such a peace that I could fall asleep without a problem. The next morning, I had to wake up very early to start my day and was quite busy until the afternoon when I came home and really started to wonder and question all that had happened to me. I told a few friends, pondered every angle, and this I know for sure: I felt a hand, I came out of my body, and whoever possessed the hand was both not human and not evil. Whoever possessed the hand intended to help me, and help me the hand did. In January of that same year, I had a near death experience when I was incredibly sick. I heard, saw, and felt what I would refer to as Angels. My guardian angel was there too, at the foot of my bed, watching over me while these other Angels encouraged me to hold on and literally took over my body, helping me breath and giving me my strength to make it through the night. After this, I believe the hand was my guardian angel again. I call him my wise friend. He is always there for me, and I believe he touched my hand to comfort me. He was letting me know I'm not alone and that he cares. This is the most sense that I can make out of my experience, but if anyone reads this and has had a similar experience, or any theories about what may have happened to me, please share.

Best Answer

Your haunted leave now! Learn from horror movies that people dont move out the house

Best Answer

I lived in a house for 4 years that sitting on the couch I would feel cold drafts, my hair would stand up on my arms and my dogs would start barking at the brick wall by my kitchen. This happened continually until I moved. The new home we are now living in I have felt someone get up off my bed 2 times now and no one is there. My dogs bark at different locations in my house and no one is there.

Best Answer

This happens to me, probably once a month..I'll be asleep with my feet out of the covers and all of a sudden I feel something swipe the bottom of one of my feet. It scares me so bad that I'm fully awake and aware that it wasn't my husband's feet touching mine.. it really freaks me out. This has happened in both of the apartments we've lived in, but never when I was younger.

Best Answer

this happens to me all the time... its how i found this post..i searched "woke up feeling finger go up sole of foot" i do spirit communication, so im pretty sure its a spirit... but, at first i would blame it on my gf's feet.. till one night she wasnt in the room.... ill be fast asleep andliterally feel a finger make one swip up from above my heel, to right below my toes...pretty crazy

Best Answer

it stopped for a long time... when it first happend we lived in an apt.. i finally, after 5 times it happening... i spoke outloud.. u have my attention.. please dont touch my feet while im sleeping anymore.... and it stopped... only started again 2 years later, here at our new place.... the last time it happend i woke up looked at my gfs feet and they were covered up, and nowhere near mine..... what I felt wasnt furry like her blanket... it was solid... like a finger, or finger nail.. and my feet are VERY ticklish so it INSTANTLY wakes me up

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer