I felt the touch to the point of it waking me up..And before you start it was my shoulder that was touched..lol
vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 47 Answers Aug 24, 2012 in Community

It is called sleep paralysis. It isn't uncommon at all. What is happening is your brain is waking up while your body is still in REM sleep. This is why you can be awake when this happens. Unlearned people say "I truly believe that this is a spirit that is angry with you because you did something naughty or angered it somehow. My mom is very spiritual and she knows about these things." or some crap like that which just scares people and is counter productive to helping anyone. Vivid hallucinations may be part of this experience. In other words, you perceive an experience of something that is not there. In a broad sense, the hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis can be divided into visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile experiences.<br />
The visual experience can be quite profound. Many people report seeing the presence of a human figure, often described as being a dark figure, shadow or ghost. This figure may be standing at the bedside, just at the periphery of your vision. Some people report seeing multiple people in the room. Others report that they see flashes, bright colors or lights. Sometimes the visual hallucination can be quite elaborate. For example, some have reported seeing a disembodied hand, a gargoyle, bugs or even a cat. In other cases, the visions are vague, described as being blurry or shimmering or simply having a sense that things are floating.<br />
Similarly, the experience of auditory hallucinations in sleep paralysis can range from the routine to the bizarre. Many people hear various noises. It is most common for people to hear voices. The language used might seem foreign. There may the perception of whispering, screaming and laughing. Nearly as often, a loud buzzing or static noise is reported, much like the sound of a radio that is on but not tuned to a station. Some people hear breathing, footsteps, knocking or a ringing sound. Even unusual sounds like a horse carriage or growling may be perceived. Sometimes the sounds heard during sleep paralysis are nonspecific, difficult to characterize or not well remembered.<br />
One of the most often reported phenomena of sleep paralysis is a tactile hallucination, the experience of being touched when you are not. Many people describe feeling a pressure or contact, often sensed as if something or someone is holding them down. Some people with sleep paralysis describe tingling, numbness or a vibrating sensation. Others describe a sense of floating, flying or falling. A few people report feeling chilled or freezing. Less frequently, there may even be a sense that you are being physically moved or dragged from your bed. Some people report sexual contact, including physical sensations involving the genitalia or even rape. Other physical experiences have been reported as well, including a sense of being bitten, bugs crawling on the skin, breathing in the ear or an uncontrolled feeling of smiling.<br />
Also rarely you may smell things. there is alt of info out there so just research.

Best Answer

I would like to recommend some natural remedies for those who face sleep disorders, first thing is pray before you sleep ( recite ayatul- kursi 3 times keeps a person under the protection of his Lord till Fajr) , burn some frankincense (frankincense helps to increase the supply of oxygen to brain which can be helpful) or incense sticks in the room you sleep, put one drop of Lavender oil on your tongue and then go to sleep. Insha Allah you may soon find relief from every kind of sleep disorders.

Best Answer

Ned is quick when he wants to be.

Best Answer

lmao

Best Answer

haha...like minds ;}

Best Answer

yes when i was 7 i felt someone holding my hand i was a sleep at first i woke up gave my dad a hug went back to my room and still felt it had this feeling 3 more times i was in my 20s i felt the something/someone holding my hand and i was wide awake. when i was 25 then as i was laying on the couch someone/something was holding my hole body it was a good feeling though and again i was wide awake.so it happened once when i was asleep but i was 7 n after i awoke i still felt it.

Best Answer

Ya when i was stationed in korea. I was asleep with my future wife, (we are married now) and anyway i had this dream i was chasing or running from someone. well any way i chased them around and i ended up in a hot tub with some random people, and all the sudden the person i was chasing grabbed my leg underneath the water and pulled me down. At that exact time i woke up because something really grabbed my leg while in bed and i woke up because it was pulling me from below the blankets. <br />
That really freaked me out.

Best Answer

Yes I had the same experience last night. I went to sleep around 11pm, I was tired from partying the weekend lol. Any who while I was fast asleep I felt a tap on my nose that immediately woke me up. As if someone or something had tap me on my nose with their finger. I was taken by surprise because this is not something I experience at all. I looked around and there was no one there. I was home alone room was dark for the most part. I had no explanation for what had happen and decided to go back to sleep.

Best Answer

I've had that nose tapping experience, freaky!

Best Answer

Yes! Today! I was asleep in the afternoon around 3 pm all by myself at home ... my cat was sleeping on my bed near my feet. I felt someone take my hand above my head and cuddle it close to them in both hands and start stroking it and then took my other hand above my head and started to stroke both my hands. There is only a small cupboard with books behind my bed.<br />
At first I thought it was my cat, cuddling my hand and forearm in his sleep because I sometimes sleep the other way for him to do that...I was asleep thinking this, but when he/she/ it took my second hand above my head and started rubbing it gently but getting more loving with each rub getting harder, I realised it wasn't my cat and could be a burglar in the house trying to wake me up to scare me and probably kill me...maybe I left the back door open for the cats and fell asleep...so I forced myself awake and found to my surprise, that I was sleeping in the normal direction with both my arms stretched above my head (which I don't normally do) and had a mild case of pins and needles in them. There was nobody there except my cat fast asleep by my feet, and my bedroom door was locked as well as the back door. The sensation and experience had been a loving, safe feeling though, until I got scared of burglars.<br />
Made me wonder though....I was alone and asleep in the house...who was behind my bed holding and rubbing my hands and forearms ever so lovingly today?

Best Answer

Well I believe that ghost is real.

Best Answer

I believe they are too I really do

Best Answer

I can feel pain and I can taste things in my dreams. I had a nap today and woke up because someone was pulling my arm really hard also felt like someone was Chinese burning me, woke up no one was there. Fell asleep again and woke up because it felt like my foot and some of my leg was burning and also felt like I had really bad pins and needles. Woke up my leg was fine. I find it really strange.

Best Answer

Yea, but when I woke up someone arms were on top of my hands when I opened my eyes I still had that feeling and then it disappear when I moved my hand and i still see the arms print. CREEPY!<br />
and nobody was in my bed or room my family were all sleeping. (I was alone)

Best Answer

That has happened to me three times in my life. The first time, I was lying next to my husband and he was reading in bed. I closed my eyes, and I felt him touch my face. I opened my eyes, but he hadn't moved. I asked him if he had touched my face, and he said no.<br />
I was so freaked out by that, I moved the bed across the room. (Don't ask my why I thought that would help). A month or so later, I woke up because someone was holding my hand. And then I realized that my hand was hanging down off the side of the bed. And the only way someone could be holding my hand in JUST that way was if they were standing on the countertop in my kitchen, one floor below, with their hand going up through the floor. I didn't sleep well after that.<br />
Years later, I woke up because it felt as though someone was poking me in my leg with long bony fingers. I was living in a different house at that time.<br />
If it's any consolation to you, I firmly believe (now)....that these are simply very vivid dreams that involve physical sensations.

Best Answer

Thank you for your kind advice. I have been fortunate in recent years...the "mean souls" seem to have found that I am not so much fun to tease. I don't get too scared or excited...maybe that's why they are leaving me alone now.

Best Answer

Did you follow the standard check list and make sure Ned was still in Oz?

Best Answer

lmao

Best Answer

Yes has happened to me twice now, the first time my wife and I were sleeping with our backs to each other and we both woke up at the same time asking each other what do you want because we both felt someone tapping our shoulders twice it was wierd . The second time I was by myself sleeping and Igot the same two taps on my shoulder waking me up in the middle of the night and no one was around . I can't explain what that means but it wasn't scary just strange.

Best Answer

Hey...was it Ned Kelly having an out of body experience...he just had to touch you :} OH GOD...what a dork I am!! I mean this is what I'm talking about...you know you've spent too much time on ep when you know things like this...propa goof residing :D

Best Answer

your a bit kooky me thinks.

Best Answer

Who are you, Barbara Hershey?

Best Answer

lmao..Funny Ernie

Best Answer

Oh good, you saw the movie, too.

Best Answer

Your haunted leave now! Learn from horror movies that people dont move out the house

Best Answer

I lived in a house for 4 years that sitting on the couch I would feel cold drafts, my hair would stand up on my arms and my dogs would start barking at the brick wall by my kitchen. This happened continually until I moved. The new home we are now living in I have felt someone get up off my bed 2 times now and no one is there. My dogs bark at different locations in my house and no one is there.

Best Answer

This happens to me, probably once a month..I'll be asleep with my feet out of the covers and all of a sudden I feel something swipe the bottom of one of my feet. It scares me so bad that I'm fully awake and aware that it wasn't my husband's feet touching mine.. it really freaks me out. This has happened in both of the apartments we've lived in, but never when I was younger.

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

I felt something poking me on the foot in the middle of the night last night. It has me so freaked out! I have walked through the house saying: "In the name of Jesus Christ leave this house." Sure hope it goes away.

Best Answer