Actually...I did, but I kept my tearful laughter to a minimum. I took my 16 year old daughter to a funeral and she walked up to the casket to view the corpse alone because I had already seen the young man and it left me feeling ill. She returned to the pew and whispered in my ear, "He looks like Michael Jackson", and I lost it. I had to bow down as far as I could to contain myself. Generally, I don't react that way at funerals...mostly only when people get hurt doing stupid things. Strange.

Best Answer

aw,thats her way of dealing with it i guess, maybe,
you know, if she said it loud enough, then you where seen to laugh people would know that a teenager would say something like that, aw bless her, :)

Best Answer

She had me quietly laughing so hard I was crying with my head between my knees like I was preparing for a crash landing!

Best Answer

i am just waiting for my ex to die

Best Answer

thats terrible.
ya wont get best answer for that!

Best Answer

dont care, you dont know my ex

Best Answer

I have had to excuse myself while waiting in the reception line at a particuliarly large funiary gathering. The Hilarity occured when my mind was suddenly struck by the absolute meaninglessness of the presence of the large crowd. I could not help thinking how many of the people waiting in line were waiting impatiently to resume their love affair with TV, peanutbutter and jelly, unicorns or whatever other 'stuff' most of us think about. I did not wish to be rude by simply laughing outloud, so excused myself to the restroom to regain some composure.

Best Answer

I have. It wasn't necessarily the grieving, but all of the stress related to someone so close dying and what you're looking toward in a future without them. <br />
I've known others to do this out of grief, though. It's hard to understand because of how it looks. But we all grieve in different ways. There's this idea that we all go to the funeral and cry, mourn the loss of a loved one, get it all out, etc. So when it doesn't fit into that box, it turns us off.

Best Answer

yea i have, my dad was sick at home for a very long time, 8 years, he died at home, so when he died we were relieved that his suffering was over. at the funeral not too many ppl sent flowers, they gave my mom envelopes w/ cash, long story short, he knew he was dying so he told his friends and family, without my mom knowin, to not buy flowers that his wife would need the cash instead. one of his cousins told us at the funeral home the day of his wake what was up w/ all the envelopes. it was something so in his charachter to do that once word got around the funeral home it wasnt long the entire room was rollin in laughter, just the way he wanted.

Best Answer

aw, how sad but lovely at the same time,i enjoyed reading that
thanks for taking the time to write it. :)

Best Answer

Very nearly but not yet.

Best Answer

aw really,,, :) i havnt not yet, dont know what i would do if i did
maybe try to turn it into a cough !

Best Answer

It was a neighbour's funeral and I had to bite my lip really really hard. I didn't go off but it was touch and go.

Best Answer

I'm not a b!tch btw it was a nervous thing

Best Answer

i know what ya saying,of course your not a b!tch,

Best Answer

:-)

Best Answer

That's when you're beyond sorrow.

Best Answer

aw i dont know sometimes laughing masks what you really feel.
and helps you to deal with it.

Best Answer

True but eventually you'll just breakdown.
That's the process of grieving. ;)

Best Answer

Laughing relieves stress and anxiety. When we laugh at things we fear, it makes them less of a threat. There are many reasons people laugh at funerals, and few have to do with disrespect.

Best Answer

i understand that totally.

Best Answer