brendhanbb brendhanbb 22-25, M 16 Answers May 30, 2012

Did it tandem with a girlfriend. Crazy fun.

Best Answer

It was fun.

Best Answer

Yes! The most serene zen experience you could imagine. You don't have the feeling of falling, more like weightlessness, because there is no point of reference when you're two miles high. After free fall, you pull the chute, and that feels like jumping into water.

Sometimes, at 650 feet or so, after you deploy your chute, there's a second when you sense the ground rushing at you... there is a brief feeling, like a roller coaster, stomach rolls for a second, like catching air in your car on a San Francisco hill, but, imho, that feeling is very tiny compared to the overall rush and blessings of the dive.

Consider, I'm weightless, soaring, a kite, at max velocity 120ish MPH and it feels like I'm suspended in mid-air, totally unmoving.

Incredible.

That gramma? Dove from Lodi, an unregulated drop zone. They did her wrong and she still walked away grinning.

Best Answer

This was very helpful information! I just asked the same question a few moments ago and then saw that someone else had asked it. I liked your description. If I do the jump it will have to be tandem.

Best Answer

Wow, I'm glad you found this! I know a guy that packs chutes at my airport, which is primarily used for sky-diving, who has done over 90 tandems. He loves the feeling, but doesn't ever desire the responsibility of navigating. He trusts someone else to get him safely on the ground, and just enjoys flying. If you love tandem, nothing says you have to fly on your own.

Best Answer

No I have'nt but my father did last year he is in his late seventies the photographs are amazing yoou can see the curve of the earths surface in his photographs.

I have'nt enough courage to do this everything about it tells me its not a great idea. my instinctive need to live.

Best Answer

It wasn't my idea. But I did it. You can't really tell the military no.

Best Answer

Yep, tandem jumping.

Best Answer

no and i never would after seeing that 80 year old lady who the organizers almost killed. it was obvious she wasnt ready to go and the guy practically kicked her out the airplane door. seems like a really unprofessional industry and i sure wouldnt be putting my life in their hands.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer

I've never quite understood why anyone would want to leave a perfectly good airplane in flight. If the planes not broken or on fire, I'm riding it down.

Best Answer

Airborne training In the Army. At the time .... known as "bird **** and fools are the only thing that fall out of the sky.

Best Answer

no - the idea of plummeting to the ground with no guarantee that the chute will open doesn't tempt me at all. My feelings were validated when I saw what happened to that poor old lady.

Best Answer

No, but I went on the big dipper at Blackpool once.

Best Answer

Nope, Not Yet!/:

Best Answer

yeah i know how you feel :/

Best Answer

yeah i know how u feel :/

Best Answer

Until I Turn 18 I Can't Go So It'll Be A Little While!/:

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

thats cool. i have kind of always wanted to go but cant/could'nt :(

Best Answer

Not that hard to do really. Cost $165 for a tandem jump around 15 years ago. Much less dangerous than travel to the airport (Harley-Davidson from LA to Hollister using the coast road as far as Monterey).

Best Answer