I used to have a dog, but then I got divorced and my ex kept her. So I got a cat, but he drove me crazy. I had cats in the past and they were laid back but this one was very hyper and scratched and bit people a lot. It got really mad when I was gone to work or wherever, I think it was bored. So I found a better home for it with a disabled lady and her son who are home all of the time and also have 2 kittens for it to play with (they get along well). But I still feel kind of guilty that I got a pet and had to get rid of it. Has anyone else done that before?
gooseyloo gooseyloo 36-40, F 17 Answers Jan 2, 2013 in Pets

No, when I adopt a pet I'm in it for the long haul, good or bad.

Best Answer

I always thought I was that type of person too. In fact I would kind of look down on a friend for doing the same thing I did. I think that's why I feel somewhat guilty! But I am glad he has a good home now.

Best Answer

Well I have known some people who got a pet who ended up just really being wrong for them or their household. It happens, and it's fine as long as it's not a repetitive thing with the same person, and as long as you take the time to find them a good home instead of just throwing them in a shelter or dumping them on the side of the road. I see wayyy too much of that :(

Best Answer

Actually now that I think of it I did end up with a turtle and after I kept him for a few years I decided I really just wasn't a turtle person and wasn't giving him the attention he needed so I found him a better home. Haha :)

Best Answer

Oh yeah I definitely agree with you! The main thing I hate to see is people who get an animal they can't or won't take care of just because it's "cool" (large dog breeds) or "cute" (a bunny for their children at Easter). Boils my blood!!

Best Answer

Ughh I know! It's especially bad where I live. It's totally okay for all dogs to get thrown outside in the dead of winter or the scorching summer and they go their entire lives with NO vet care or fence to protect them from passing cars. There's one family I've known for about 5 years now, and they've brought like 15 animals home... and only ONE of them is still alive (the one they just got a few months ago)... it makes me sick. You should need a license to adopt animals lol

Best Answer

Oh, and after all those animals, I'm fairly positive they haven't bought a single bag of dog/cat food. Ever.

Best Answer

How sad and awful!

Best Answer

Yep, all of my sisters cats!!

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

No, I never have.

Best Answer

Even though I love cats, I had one years ago that I had to adopt out, a big orange tom and he was a destructive m-f. My wife took him from a coworker when he was about a year old, and we held out as long as we could, but the bastard was so destructive, he ended up living in the ba<x>sement. I decided that he deserves a better life, so adopted him out to some neighborhood girls who wanted a cat. They got more than they bargained for!

Best Answer

Nope.<br />
I think of pets as children- what you get is just what you love unconditionally and deal with until they die.

Best Answer

Yes 2 brothers cats........they acted wild and I spent $ on one and she gave the other one for free............stupid me. I had them 3 weeks that was it, I called the breeder and gave them back..........

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

My dad got a rat terrier for me, and that dog was a little nuts. He would race around and around and around the house at lightning speed. He was also a big chewer and didn't know how to play without doing that sort of thing. It was my mom who actually suggested that we find the dog a new home. I didn't have it for very long. We ended up giving it to a family that lived in the country and could give it lots of room to RUN.

Best Answer

No

Best Answer