jumpsforfun jumpsforfun 31-35, F 9 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Hobbies

I am that friend....

Best Answer

what brings you so down?

Best Answer

Yes. Eventually his negativity ate into the friendship and it was him who couldnt hold on to the friendship anymore. It was consuming him.

Best Answer

did he blame you or just move on?

Best Answer

Oh, a lot of blame games. Eventually, although I cut me off, it is him, who pushed me out.

Best Answer

I was always making excuses for him, lol. Dont know why.. because he was also consuming me in his negativity.

Best Answer

I can understand, at least you don't have to deal with it anymore. Negative people are also so selfish, don't think they even realize it. They wonder why they don't have many people around them, well...................look no further.

Best Answer

They are too self centered to realise, other people have feelings as well, and too egotistic to realise how lucky they are to have good friends standing by them :) But yeah, not my problem now, and never again. I learnt my lesson the very hard way. I hope you are not scorched in any way :).

Best Answer

So damn self centered!! I can't say I was scorched but the thing I noticed was this weird sense of obligation to be supportive, don't know why. When I realized the negativity was just them being them, I couldn't take it anymore. At least we're out now!

Best Answer

Somehow, it feels so much better to know I am not alone, lol.. although I wouldnt wish this on anyone. At least someone can relate to me, and I to them, in this aspect. Yes. I also felt so obliged, as if it was my fault everything in his life was wrong, and in the end, he didnt really appreciate much.

Best Answer

Still talk but never too often anymore.

Best Answer

Yes, my old friend Holly was a Debbie Downer. <br />
It sucked. After about a year, I just couldn't handle it anymore and we started to drift apart.

Best Answer

Yeah, didn't last very long. I found I started to distance myself more and more and eventually we just parted ways

Best Answer

that's healthy of you to do that, no need for negativity all the time

Best Answer

Agreed

Best Answer

I had a sister in law who was like that. Even when things were at their best in her life she was negative and down. I was pretty happy when she moved far away after she and my brother got divorced.

Best Answer

you lucked out in her divorcing your brother.................so did he!

Best Answer

Yeah, we sort of started talking less and less until we stopped talking altogether

Best Answer

I feel for people that are down but I realized that this person just liked to complain.............................all the time. Gets old.

Best Answer

I had a negative friend like that.. and then she turned on me and her constructive criticism turned into criticism. She was miserable and wanted everyone else to be miserable. I have her calls set to automatically go to voice mail and I rarely return her phone calls. I don't need a toxic person in my life.

Best Answer

Yes I have had that happen too, the turning on you, I chocked it up to victim's mentality. Poor, poor me. I swear it's like they like the misery or something.

Best Answer

I couldn't agree more!

Best Answer