HalimaE HalimaE 18-21, F 17 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Memories

My life is divided into phases, many of them. Some of them transition gradually, and some (more than probably should be) transition dramatically around certain events, more than one of which I think, was a near death experience. One issue with all this transition, is that it is terribly difficult to remember things. My mind keeps refocusing itself and reforming itself, it makes it very challenging to remember things that happened while I was in a different mental condition. Some things will probably remain buried away from me forever, but perhaps that is for the best. I think that this turbulence has a silver lining. Overtime, I've learned a lot of different ways of thinking, and I think that I've learned the best ones to focus on. At the same time, I find that I empathize much more easily with people than I used to. This is probably from having experienced similar mental situations as they have in the past. I suppose that I can sum up my feelings on this matter briefly.

"Nothing is as simple as it seems, no one knows the truth but some are closer to it than others."

Best Answer

I really enjoyed reading your response. All of our experiences in life whether we choose to believe it or not help shape us into better people.

Best Answer

Does almost choking on a Gobstopper as a kid count?

Best Answer

I've had a few and out of body experience along with them. The only thing it did was make me angry that I was sent back to my body. Then.

Now, when I look back and recognize all I would have missed out on, mainly a great love that's lasted 28 years and counting.

Best Answer

I have had a couple near death experiences. I don't have it in me to explain them but it has changed me somewhat but it's mainly reinforced everything I already believed and given me more faith.

Best Answer

It didn't change my entire outlook on life, but it did have a temporary effect. I was waiting at a stop light in the middle of the night, looked down at my phone and didn't notice right away when it turned green. Loud pop, squealing sounds... a car had rear-ended another one going about 55mph, and ricocheted into the intersection. It would have hit my driver's door if I had moved when the light turned green.

For the next three hours, I had this inexplicable DRIVE to sleep with someone, just to prove to myself that I was alive. Alas, that didn't happen, but it's probably for the better anyway.

Best Answer

ya, last night! u know how when u die u **** yourself? i felt myself fading out and suddenly woke up and had to tighten up my bowels real fast! lmao but the dying feeling was pretty peaceful actually.....

Best Answer

I have had near death experience, a matter of milliseconds actually. Got T Boned by another car going 50 when I was maybe going 10. It didn't change a whole lot though. It did make me a better driver though.

Best Answer

I had one and now I know everything they tell you about it is a crock of ****.

Best Answer

I almost drowned in a muddy lake up in the mountains of WV once, but the only thing it "changed" is that I don't **** around in water, lol!

Best Answer

I have but i was pretty youngh ... so it didnt change much

Best Answer

You might consider watching the following Youtube video -- the God Helmet, which stimulates parts of the human brain with electromagnetic pulses ... Here's the URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y02UlkYjSi0 />

Cheers,

AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

Yeah i had a NDE when i was hit by a car and suffered bad injuries. When you realise death can happen any time it kind of concentrates the mind on things eternal.

Best Answer

I actually had a similar experience in the past where I was run over by an automobile. Broke all my bones and suffered a coma for approximately 2 weeks. Can't say Id be the person I am today without that traumatic memory. I'm thankful for whatever comes my way in life.

Best Answer

I was riding a bicycle. Car hit me head on at speed. Handle bar penetrated my leg and ripped a huge hold in it. Was knocked upward and shattered his windscreen my shoulder hit roof on the corner and broke my shoulder and broke two of my ribs. I was thrown spinning in the air and landed on my back. Lucky for me i was wearing a backpack so that cushioned the impact somewhat. Suffered serious concussion and got taken by ambulance to hospital. I see every day now as being a bonus day. I should have died in that accident but somehow i survived.

Best Answer

I am speechless. You are a miracle story.

Best Answer

I saw and herd a ghost or some thing weird and it was cold and it spoke to me !!!! Spooky

Best Answer

My outlook has changed, but it took decades.

Best Answer