HalimaE HalimaE 18-21, F 18 Answers Jan 23, 2013 in Memories

My life is divided into phases, many of them. Some of them transition gradually, and some (more than probably should be) transition dramatically around certain events, more than one of which I think, was a near death experience. One issue with all this transition, is that it is terribly difficult to remember things. My mind keeps refocusing itself and reforming itself, it makes it very challenging to remember things that happened while I was in a different mental condition. Some things will probably remain buried away from me forever, but perhaps that is for the best. I think that this turbulence has a silver lining. Overtime, I've learned a lot of different ways of thinking, and I think that I've learned the best ones to focus on. At the same time, I find that I empathize much more easily with people than I used to. This is probably from having experienced similar mental situations as they have in the past. I suppose that I can sum up my feelings on this matter briefly. <br />
"Nothing is as simple as it seems, no one knows the truth but some are closer to it than others."

Best Answer

I really enjoyed reading your response. All of our experiences in life whether we choose to believe it or not help shape us into better people.

Best Answer

Does almost choking on a Gobstopper as a kid count?

Best Answer

It didn't change my entire outlook on life, but it did have a temporary effect. I was waiting at a stop light in the middle of the night, looked down at my phone and didn't notice right away when it turned green. Loud pop, squealing sounds... a car had rear-ended another one going about 55mph, and ricocheted into the intersection. It would have hit my driver's door if I had moved when the light turned green.<br />
For the next three hours, I had this inexplicable DRIVE to sleep with someone, just to prove to myself that I was alive. Alas, that didn't happen, but it's probably for the better anyway.

Best Answer

ya, last night! u know how when u die u **** yourself? i felt myself fading out and suddenly woke up and had to tighten up my bowels real fast! lmao but the dying feeling was pretty peaceful actually.....

Best Answer

I have had near death experience, a matter of milliseconds actually. Got T Boned by another car going 50 when I was maybe going 10. It didn't change a whole lot though. It did make me a better driver though.

Best Answer

Actually i hardly have ever told this story but I had my first near death experience happen when i was 15. At the time i was the only boy outta 3 sisters, Im the oldest, they where in the garage hitting a stuff animal they had tide up and strung up from a rope, they threw the rope over a beam that went across the ceiling, the beam was cover in dry wall. After my sisters where done playing they left a minor mess in the garage, so my mom made me clean it up, it was cold so i put on my moms slippers, they where this silky looking ballerina flats, they were very comfy with a rubber sole, mom didn't really like to wear them so pretty much became mine, those slippers pretty much saved my life, you will see why. So i go into the garage pick up what was in the floor and stuff, my sisters had left the rope hanging there with a loop, the ladder was close by and i was using it to clean the stuff my sister threw at top of the beam and such. All I needed to do was take the rope down, it wasn't tie down or anything but for some reason i put the rope around me neck, why ??? I don't know. So yeah I jump of the latter with the hopes of the rope getting pull along the way, so i jumped but I never reached the ground so the jerk of the rope made me swing making me kick the latter away. I was probably swinging a good 3 feet of the ground, I desperately kicked and try to pull my self up which help me last longer. But in my desperation i was able to turn around and realize the air hockey table was near by, desperately I reached out with my left foot, my toes could barely touch the table so i couldn't stand on it or grip it , but thanx to the rubber soles in the slippers i was able to pull the table in little by little until i was able to put both my left and right foot and was able to stand on it. Nearly fell of the table too, was so close to passing out but i was able to regain my balance and clear my head. I stood there, still unable to register what just happened , I took the loop off and realize my sister had burned the rope through the beam's drywall so the rope was stuck, really stuck took me a while to take down. I wasn't really terrified but really shook up by the whole incident and was excited somehow, had such and adrenaline rush, I didn't die, I guess that is what thrill seekers look for, ever since death hasn't really seem all that scary at all to me.

Best Answer

I had one and now I know everything they tell you about it is a crock of ****.

Best Answer

I almost drowned in a muddy lake up in the mountains of WV once, but the only thing it "changed" is that I don't **** around in water, lol!

Best Answer

I have but i was pretty youngh ... so it didnt change much

Best Answer

You might consider watching the following Youtube video -- the God Helmet, which stimulates parts of the human brain with electromagnetic pulses ... Here's the URL:<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y02UlkYjSi0<br />
Cheers,<br />
AnonymousButCandid

Best Answer

Yeah i had a NDE when i was hit by a car and suffered bad injuries. When you realise death can happen any time it kind of concentrates the mind on things eternal.

Best Answer

I actually had a similar experience in the past where I was run over by an automobile. Broke all my bones and suffered a coma for approximately 2 weeks. Can't say Id be the person I am today without that traumatic memory. I'm thankful for whatever comes my way in life.

Best Answer

I was riding a bicycle. Car hit me head on at speed. Handle bar penetrated my leg and ripped a huge hold in it. Was knocked upward and shattered his windscreen my shoulder hit roof on the corner and broke my shoulder and broke two of my ribs. I was thrown spinning in the air and landed on my back. Lucky for me i was wearing a backpack so that cushioned the impact somewhat. Suffered serious concussion and got taken by ambulance to hospital. I see every day now as being a bonus day. I should have died in that accident but somehow i survived.

Best Answer

I am speechless. You are a miracle story.

Best Answer

I saw and herd a ghost or some thing weird and it was cold and it spoke to me !!!! Spooky

Best Answer

My outlook has changed, but it took decades.

Best Answer