WelcomeToEP WelcomeToEP 22-25 7 Answers Feb 28 in Health

my eye opening moment of truth is when I realized that no matter what I did or ever said, I would always be viewed as this sick mental person who others thought had a delusional view about life. I realized that even my own family thought so little of me, that they were so willing to just go with this and didn't care how much it would affect me. Notice also that when they could have helped me, they did NOT. My family has been so OUT of my life for so long, that they don't get to comment on me at all; they don't know me, they haven't been around me, they don't even talk to me seriously. I don't want anyone to make excuses for me or to tell someone else how I might be feeling or thinking or what I want for myself. I KNOW these things, ask me, and I'll tell you. Don't dismiss me on the grounds you think I'm mental and stupid and incompetent. Spend a full day with me, at least, and then make that determination for yourself. Don't speak for me, speak to me. And don't ever assume one thing, when ah, I could just tell you. The problem with labels is you're already dismissed once it's been put down on paper. Don't devalue my life and call it this or that, or debate my quality of life. I decide that on my own terms, not you. I guess I'm fighting for my right to be me, in a world that doesn't accept me being me. Well, too damn bad now. My fight isn't over until I get some respect and dignity.

Best Answer

Yes, in 2012

Best Answer

Oh, I've had lots of mind-opening moments of The Truth being slapped across my existence. Most often, that truth has do with what I'm doing or thinking wrong. For *me*, the standard is the biblical desc<x>ription of a man, husband and father. And by far the Truth I'm missing is what it means to be loving and selfless and have a servant heart.

Best Answer

Lawd yes, and every time I do it scares the hell out of me.

Best Answer

I think I have, but honestly I need more of those.

Best Answer