tbacks tbacks 22-25, M 7 Answers Apr 13 in Health

I am a paramedic and I have been one for almost 5 years. I can tell you that I have cut the clothes off quite a few people for several different reasons. Usually, if we are cutting clothing it is because time is of the essence and something needs to be done NOW. I can also promise you that any decent paramedic is going to be too busy doing what needs to be done to even worry about what you look like without clothing. No one even pays attention to that. However, we always try and maintain patient's modesty. There is no need to be embarrassed because if your clothing needs off quickly, you are usually in bad shape and we are going to do everything we can to save your life.

Best Answer

Yes, when I had my recent knee dislocation. They had to cut off my favorite pair of tights I was wearing to get to my knee. Couldn't move.

Best Answer

Yes, years ago after a bad car wreck

Best Answer

****, same thing happened to me. Hope you are ok

Best Answer

Yes I am that was a long time ago. Hope you are ok as well.

Best Answer

was it kind of embarrassing for you?

Best Answer

I was unconscious from the wreck

Best Answer

I am sure it is probably incredibly embarrassing to think that someone has cut your clothes off and evaluated every inch of you. However, that is not what we do. I can promise you. It is because something bad has happened and we need to get to you quickly. That's why our trauma shears are made to cut through a lot of things. They can even cut a penny in half. I promise you that as paramedics we have seen a lot and no one looks at our patients in a bad way, and there is no need to feel embarrassed

Best Answer

Thanks for your response. I'.m sure you are all very professional and I know you are just doing your job. It was just a shock to me at the time, they literally cut everything off including my underwear on the side of the road. I had never experienced anything quite like that nor did I expect it. But I appreciate the work you guys do and understand that they were just doing what they had to.

Best Answer

I could only imagine it being a shock. Hopefully the ambulance doors were closed and no one other than who was absolutely necessary was back there. Whatever reason they had to cut your clothes off, I'm sorry and I hope you're feeling better/injuries have healed.

Best Answer

Lost many shirts/sweaters to paramedics and hospitals.

Best Answer

a shirt and trousers, but in return I got a ride in a helicopter.

Best Answer

no

Best Answer