I made it past the 1st interview, but now I have to go back in 5 hours for a second one. It's for a part-time low level position at a national department store chain. I've been out of work for going on 3 1/2 years and I guess I'm just nervous about the whole thing. Also, any suggestions or tips for a 2nd interview?
Dragonhermit Dragonhermit 36-40, M 6 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Hobbies

It's happened to me twice. The first tome was with Wal-Mart. More recently, Auto Zone interviewed me twice for a customer service job.

Best Answer

Sure I have. Sounds like they're trying to narrow the field of applicants.

Don't be nervous. You made the first cut .. so you must be someone they're seriously considering. Just relax and do the best you can.

Good Luck.

Best Answer

Thanks. :)

Best Answer

Is it Walmart? They are secretly a cult you know... run while you can.

Best Answer

Close... Shopko. However, this is the ONLY interview I've had in almost a year, so I wouldn't even care if they were a cult. I need a job! LOL

Best Answer

Well as long as they don't force you to take a morning pledge, you might be alright.... ...but if you don't care about working for a cult, just start your own religion, that can often be profitable.

Best Answer

its common place now to have multiple interviews for any job now,I had 4 to get my current job

Best Answer

I've heard of it for higher level positions or jobs which require a college degree, but never for a part-time stocking position that pays just barely above minimum wage. Just wasn't sure if it was normal now. :)

Best Answer

employers feel the need to be super sure now b4 they take a risk on any1,my 1st 2 interviews were work related the 3rd was all about my personal interests and to get a vibe about who I am and the 4th was to see if I could do the job,granted my degree helped abit

Best Answer

LOL I was working on my degree (BA in psychology) and was in my 3rd year, but failed my first course a month ago. That stopped my financial aid and the school will not let me continue until I pay for the full course out of pocket. Hopefully, I'll make enough from this part-time job to pay them off so I can at least transfer and continue my education.

Best Answer

that is, if I get the job! ;)

Best Answer

I slept rough for the last 3 weeks of my exams,had no money for rent but hit the books on a park bench and now im pretty happy I did

Best Answer

My problem was that it went from 15 weeks per course, to 7.5 weeks, to only 5 weeks, while also limiting the amount of courses a student could take at once to only 1 class. The result was NO vacations at all while dealing with accelerated learning which only skimmed upon essential subjects. I burned out and fell behind.

Best Answer

nightmare! Ive been there,trying to absorb what is an ungodly amount of information in a short amount of time,I found the best way was to try memory training techniques like infoboxing and lyrical matching

Best Answer

a second interview ? no I have not

Best Answer

I have now.

Best Answer