I made it past the 1st interview, but now I have to go back in 5 hours for a second one. It's for a part-time low level position at a national department store chain. I've been out of work for going on 3 1/2 years and I guess I'm just nervous about the whole thing. Also, any suggestions or tips for a 2nd interview?
Dragonhermit Dragonhermit 36-40, M 6 Answers Dec 23, 2012 in Hobbies

It's happened to me twice. The first tome was with Wal-Mart. More recently, Auto Zone interviewed me twice for a customer service job.

Best Answer

Sure I have. Sounds like they're trying to narrow the field of applicants. <br />
Don't be nervous. You made the first cut .. so you must be someone they're seriously considering. Just relax and do the best you can.<br />
Good Luck.

Best Answer

Thanks. :)

Best Answer

Is it Walmart? They are secretly a cult you know... run while you can.

Best Answer

Close... Shopko. However, this is the ONLY interview I've had in almost a year, so I wouldn't even care if they were a cult. I need a job! LOL

Best Answer

Well as long as they don't force you to take a morning pledge, you might be alright.... ...but if you don't care about working for a cult, just start your own religion, that can often be profitable.

Best Answer

its common place now to have multiple interviews for any job now,I had 4 to get my current job

Best Answer

I've heard of it for higher level positions or jobs which require a college degree, but never for a part-time stocking position that pays just barely above minimum wage. Just wasn't sure if it was normal now. :)

Best Answer

employers feel the need to be super sure now b4 they take a risk on any1,my 1st 2 interviews were work related the 3rd was all about my personal interests and to get a vibe about who I am and the 4th was to see if I could do the job,granted my degree helped abit

Best Answer

LOL I was working on my degree (BA in psychology) and was in my 3rd year, but failed my first course a month ago. That stopped my financial aid and the school will not let me continue until I pay for the full course out of pocket. Hopefully, I'll make enough from this part-time job to pay them off so I can at least transfer and continue my education.

Best Answer

that is, if I get the job! ;)

Best Answer

I slept rough for the last 3 weeks of my exams,had no money for rent but hit the books on a park bench and now im pretty happy I did

Best Answer

My problem was that it went from 15 weeks per course, to 7.5 weeks, to only 5 weeks, while also limiting the amount of courses a student could take at once to only 1 class. The result was NO vacations at all while dealing with accelerated learning which only skimmed upon essential subjects. I burned out and fell behind.

Best Answer

nightmare! Ive been there,trying to absorb what is an ungodly amount of information in a short amount of time,I found the best way was to try memory training techniques like infoboxing and lyrical matching

Best Answer

a second interview ? no I have not

Best Answer

I have now.

Best Answer