Yes, I have literally walked out of my own life several times in order to re-invent myself. The third time is the charm! I'm a full time college student now. I left because my husband could not/would not stop using drugs and keeping us hungry and on the verge of homelessness for nearly two years. I did everything I could to make my marriage work but cocaine addiction is waaaay bigger than me. I'm glad to say I am free of that horrible way of living. Happy happy, joy joy!!

Best Answer

Awesome! I hope your third try is the charm. Sounds like you thought it through and did the right thing. Good luck!

Best Answer

I've see those situations in my job- It takes amazing fortitude-you could have been dragged down by false hope and empty promises-write your story for others

Best Answer

Oh believe me I was dragged down by false hope. Every payday he would relapse and we would be broke until the next one. I left two times and each time was simply a bad re run. 3 years ago I gave him one last chance to clean up, only to discover he had moved on to needles. No more. No more. No more chances, hope or lies. No more for me.

Best Answer

I had a very similar circumstance with my wife. She got seriously depressed and self-medicated herself with cocaine. Thankfully I was able to rescue her from her addiction and she was strong enough to overcome it and willing to accept my help.
I am thankful to God for his help. I admire my wife for the strength and courage she displayed in overcoming the problem, and I lover her more today than ever. I fully understand your situation and I am happy that you were able to escape. Its a real shame your former husband could/would not stop.

Best Answer

I agree. Love, faith and hope is what kept me there and what kept me coming back several times. But one can only suffer like that (due to the behavior of another) for so long before enough is enough. I'm very glad to know that your wife is free of her addiction. Good for her and you for supporting her through such a difficult situation. Bravo to the both of you!

Best Answer

I left my mother w hen i was 15....she loved her boyfriend over her daughters...i was tired of the treatment that we received from him...i made the desicion as i was staring at the water from top of a bridge...it was the best choice i ever made...my sister full time at college and i work go to school full time and i have a wonderfull son that i love with everything i have...the situation with my mother and me leaving thought me that children comes first...and thats the way it is for me

Best Answer

Sounds like you really learned something, even if *** was just what not to do. I wish you, your sister, and children the best. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders.

Best Answer

I think about it regularly. My upbringing was alright, we had nice holidays, I got nice toys. Then my parents divorced and I felt like everything went dark. I started meeting random people off the internet from the age of 15 and met so many random people. Now I look back on it and think I am a strange person. I wasn't the innocent girl who played with her dolls anymore. I was searching for something that I lost, which was love I guess. I moved with my mum and saw my dad once or twice a week, but it was never the same as being a family unit.<br />
Now I am 25, I have lived away at Uni, I now live away again with my boyfriend. I seem to deliberatly make choices that take me far away from home. My fantasy is to emigrate and keep very little contact. It makes me sad in a way, but I have built up this fantasy that in order to be happy I have to be as far away from my family as possible! :S

Best Answer

maybe one day you will be able to forgive them so you don't have to have the fantasy. But, sometimes people do, do better, away from their families. Where is it you want to emigrate to? You seem to be at a good age to be preparing for it.

Best Answer

I would love to move to USA but I have little hopes as it's hard to get into without securing a job and considering the only place I have visited is Desney World I cannot base my decision on that! Failing that I would love to learn Italian and move there to live in a stone cottage with a vinyard in the distance. I love Italian food. I keep changing careers so I never have any money as I'm always paying for education! Are you thinking about walking away from something in particular?

Best Answer

perhaps next time you should apply for an educational program in the US. That would give you a chance to actually be in at least one area for an extended period of time so you could see if it really would be worth immigrating. Plus it might allow you to make the potential work contacts you'd need to successfully get a job.
I want to just leave everything, partially because I always have and partially just because where I'm at really isn't working. There are no opportunities and nothing to look forward to.

Best Answer

I really don't think I can afford to study anything else. My next thing is saving for a house, but that is not going to happen for a very long time unless I win the lottery!
What I've learned so far is, no matter how far you run there's always some way that someone can track you down!
I guess we have to confront our fears/whatever is making us want to run, it will always be there in the back of your mind otherwise.

Best Answer

that's true..but I knew I didn't want to live in this town when I came back...I just couldn't manage to figure out how to make it elsewhere within my financial restraints

Best Answer

yes my father i think he's a ***, would i forgive him after 23 yrs knowing me yea

Best Answer

I'm sorry. That's a hard situation for someone to have to deal with.

Best Answer

My dad when I was 14- It took years to understand and forgive

Best Answer

that's unfortunate. I wasn't really meaning leaving your children behind. It's amazing that you've been able to forgive him for that.

Best Answer

I do it like once every year. Ive lived in five diff states so far. <br />
The worst time got me to start drinking. Thats one thing I think Ill never walk away from. <br />
Wish I could.

Best Answer

y huandid it for aboutwo months, a mid-life crisis, I think, it cost him EVERYTHING, his material possesions, his family, his job, his dignity, his pride...he's back now, but it will take him years to climb back out of the hole he dug,,,,I wouldnt suggest it to anyone.

Best Answer

What happened to him? How could he lose everything in just two months? It seems like if he was having some sort of breakdown, his family would be more concerned about getting him some help.

Best Answer