I have dated someone with BPD. I wasn't aware at the time she suffered with it but found out later. What it was like? Well it was an emotional rollercoaster. She was suicidal throughout the time I saw her and extremely needy&jealous, would constantly call or text me and if she didn't get a hold of me, she would assume I was with another girl and threaten to kill herself. Initially she was extremely loveable at times and considered me her "knight in shining armour" that would come and rescue her (to this day anytime I hear a woman use that phrase, I'm instantly suspicious of her). Our contact was very intensive.<br />
After a while though I learned about the worse sides. She lied a lot to me about pretty much everything just to make me feel sorry for her. She started interfering with my friends and trying to turn me against them by claiming they had done or said things to her. She would sometimes throw a fit at me over the pettiest things. Up until this I had actually just thought she was scarred and that my caring about her would make things better. But I wouldn't put up with all that **** for her so I dumped her. This made her furious and she started hating me and being really nasty. Then apparently she found another guy and all of a sudden she was her old self, acting nice with me like she had done in the beginning. I cut off the contact years ago, ran into her last year but we didn't talk just eyed each other for a bit.<br />
If you wonder anything else or want more details send PM as I don't want to be too specific here

Best Answer

Thank you for the information. It sounds to have been difficult for you.

Best Answer

I might have. The diagnosis is only amateur though.

Best Answer

Were you close? (As close as one with BPD could be). I don't think an amateur diagnosis is much different than a professional one in many cases, hehe.

Best Answer