iKristine iKristine 31-35 4 Answers Aug 30, 2011

Here's my story. I thought this guy and I we were soul mates.. I was 19 and he was 43 and divorced.. And before you think that this dirty old man was taking advantage of me, it was me that initiated everything. He was a rather shy guy and had a difficult life and had moved to the west coast (I'm on the east coast and was planning to follow him after college). When I turned 22, he started going in and out of my life (we were both a mess), and then he started chasing his ex wife.. Anyway, the last time I saw him was around my 26th birthday. We hardly ever saw each other by this point, even though this whole time I was still in love with him. A couple months later, I was down at grad school and was driving back to my apartment after class, no music on, windows up, nobody else on the road, when suddenly I had this overwhelming feeling of I don't even know what. It was about 4:00pm and I started hearing Michael Jackson's "I'll Be There" in my head, which was our song.. I don't ever listen to this song (it had been a couple years) because it's painful for me, even though I still loved him more than anyone, I still had all kinds of mixed emotions about our relationship. I out of nowhere got this huge urge to belt this song out at the top of my lungs. I felt like, if I didn't sing it, I was going to throw up!... so I sang it! Now I do NOT sing in front of people, especially people I don't know, but this time I was singing pretty loud all the way into my apartment and even in front of my roommates. I didn't care who heard... After I got that song out, I felt pretty good. I grabbed my other books and went to my next class feeling very calm, happy and almost at peace (balanced is a good word for it, and I hardly ever feel balanced). Then halfway through my class, I get a text from a friend asking if I heard about what happened.. car crash.. dead.. he died around 1:00pm pacific time... after that the good/calm feeling was instantly gone. I didn't cry though, I think I was in shock.. I even had a dream later that night that the whole world was being ripped to shreds from tornados and hurricanes and floods.. and it didn't matter anymore.. I was completely numb that night, but then starting the next morning, I cried for 3 months straight... about a year later, I was thinking about what happened and thinking that it probably wasn't him that I felt that day in the car since he died 3 hours earlier, and it was making me feel like maybe we really weren't anything to each other, but then it dawned on me.. there's a 3 hour time difference between the east and west coast... so the time was actually spot on... now I like to think it was his way of telling me even though his body is gone, he'll always be here with me, and that he really did love me.. I sing that song now whenever I'm feeling really low, and it always makes me feel better.

Best Answer

when my mom was dying of cancer, I knew she was close. But we had sat by her hospital bedside for 6 days while she laid in her coma. My husband and I went for a drive out in the canyons, and I said a silent prayer to God. I asked him to give me a sign if she died. And I looked up at the sky and saw 2 gorgorous big birds flying over-head. I knew she was gone. 30 seconds later my sister called and said she was gone.

Best Answer

I didn't know that it was someone close to me, but I felt a sense of loss and scared. I felt alone and that somehow I knew someone died, but not who. It wasn't until twenty minutes later that I recieved a call saying that my grandmother had died.

Best Answer