Ace21 Ace21 41-45, F 27 Answers Apr 21, 2010

If you don't get it back, you usually won't. Took me a while but I learned not to loan something to someone unless I didn't care if I'll ever see it again or not.

Best Answer

I lent some of my camping gear to a friend 4 years ago. I got some of it back last summer, but she didn't return my tent and ended up having to buy a new one for that trip. I needed my original one because it is bigger than the new one and I am now disabled and need the room for a cot to sleep on. My daughter and husband went to her house to get it. She was mad, and her daughter was even madder because she and a bunch of her friends were planning on using it the same weekend. The daughter never asked me if she could use it, and I understand she had used it several times already without my knowledge or consent. They acted like I had caused them great inconvenience for wanting to use my OWN tent!!

Best Answer

My foschini card, to buy a dress on credit... when she never paid or brought the card back I STOLE HER CAT and held him for randsom... this way she had no choice...

Best Answer

I brought my drum set to my friends house a year ago because was not aloud to play it at my own house. Soon later he got kicked out of his house and he brought my drums to his new place. Then his girlfriend got pregnant. They moved again and said they contacted me to get the drums cause they had no room for them. I recieved no messages or phone calls from them but they accuse me of ignoring them. Now my friend is convinced the drums are his. After a while i gave him the damn drum set as long as i get my double bass pedal which was expensive and bran new. But whenever i message him he just ignores it or lies to me saying hes out of town. Looks like im just gonna have to let the whole thing go.. its not gonna be easy though.

Best Answer

I have a friend who I have been friends with for years. I'm starting to question our friendship because of her borrowing. She never returns anything or damages it and breaks it. We are too old to be going through this bs. I just want my vintage leather jacket back and I will never let her borrow again. I was stupid to let her borrow it and she knows I wanted it back. She bring over one time to return but damaged the threading on it and said she was going to get it fixed but that was over 3 months ago. What do I do?

Best Answer

The people come in two categories. The givers and the takers. The givers are an easy touch with free and open hearts. The takers prey on the givers knowing they will get away with it most of the time. It is not always a case of things being returned but they condition they are returned in. I have loaned things before and I usually get them back eventually but often damaged and scuffed. I lend very little now and I have had to explain in the past that items were not returned. Then I have to listen to them tell me that they are not like that. Really..

Best Answer

I gave 60,000 INR to my friend in college days and he told me that he will return this money after the graduation but after graduation, he straightly denied to return money and told me that I have never been helped him with money. Can anybody help me. I have no return proof.

Best Answer

I let my friend Jerome borrow my video game NBA 2K13 for my XBOX 360. I thought my best friend Mekhi would get it back, but I don't know if that's ever happening. It was a $60.00 USD game. I guess sometimes people are just ********.

Best Answer

I always get it back, although I seldom loan out anything.

I think it has a lot to do with how they view you.

Best Answer

I did lend a friend something that she never returned. No I did not ask for it back. The next time she askeds me if she could borrow something I told her the last time you borrowed something from me you never gave it back. You can keep it as it must have meant so much to you. But for future reference never ever ask to borrow ever again. She stood there stunned.

Best Answer

I stopped loaning stuff out to friends - unless its something I don't care about.

One time I discovered the item (a DVD) had been sold (on ebay or something). When I confronted the person they flat out denied that they'd borrowed the item, that it had been theirs all along.

Another time I loaned something out which was never returned. Years later, after dropping contact with that person, they called me out of the blue asking me to loan them ANOTHER item (this item was not a cheap item). Then they got mad at ME when I refused.

Best Answer

yes my time, genuiness and sincerity.

Best Answer

I've lent dvds out- I'm still waiting.

Best Answer

I try to make it a policy not to borrow or lend things.

Best Answer

just mention it like if it's a DVD say I love (name of film), oh yeah you still have that. or if something else mention who got it for it (or make it up) and just be like OH YEAH! and pretend you didnt realise.

OR say someone else want to borrow it, like an aunt, I always say this. hope this helps

Best Answer

I always loan my friends something thats broken or doesn't work, then claim that they broke it and should replace it. They never borrow anything again! * Not really, but thats not a bad idea, because every time I loan something, ''if'' I get it back, it is always filthy dirty and screwed up! I wish they would invest in their own stuff and leave mine alone!

Best Answer

I go ask then if I can borrow it. Then when they go to give it to me I say "Hey! This is mine! I wondered where that got too."

Best Answer

LOL i had a friend(this was in highschool) and she started hating me, cause she thought i did mean stuff to her, meanwhile i actually bent over backwards for her. well she borrowed movies, so i asked her for them back, nothing, i called her mom, who bitched at me on the phone and made me cry, i got my mom to call and ask for the movies, the next day at school the girl handed me a bag with movies inside, and a note.... dissing my mothers parenting.... awesome. but we got our movies back.

Best Answer

You have to go and get it..that's it. They've claimed your stuff & that's not good. Tell them straight up.."I'm here for my...."

Best Answer

Among friends: the code of take something they have you like and call it a trade, is as old as darkness is to light.

Best Answer