How can you deal with the situation? Aside from committing them what can you do? I do plan to move out, but in the mean time? I'm concerned about my parents having to deal with them. It's not fair to them. One parent coddles and makes excuses and blames the other parent who wants the sick person to get some help already.
mintkiss mintkiss 22-25, F 3 Answers Feb 17, 2013 in Family Struggles

I am glad I hadn't and I know that if I did I would have secretly have him/her sectioned as mental and wouldn't be there when the Mental health picks them up. That person would be kicked out and I am safe again.

Best Answer

I would if I could the problem is.... they wouldn't keep him locked up in a mental ward.

Best Answer

Ok, understood. Maybe collect some leaflets and some free booklets on depression and leave it lying around for that person to see. Mite do the trick.

Best Answer

Yes, and I had to pack up my kids and run and hide. He said if I didn't give them up for adoption he would make me watch them die. That wasn't the worst part of it. He said once I got over the sense of loss, I'd thank him for relieving me of the burden. He thought he'd be doing me a favour.

Best Answer

Wow, I'm sorry things got that bad for you.

Best Answer

It was a scary time in our lives, but it was 35 years ago, and we are all fine. I often wonder about his subsequent victims, though. He was a classic narcissistic sociopath.

Best Answer

Whoa **** that is scary. Glad you are ok now.

Best Answer

Time really does heal somethings. We all lived. That was the important thing.

Best Answer

I haven't but I know someone who did. If they refuse to get help all you can do is help yourself. Get away from the violent person and protect yourself. Later if they are willing to get help you can help them but not until then. Good luck and protect yourself.

Best Answer