Apart from one person, I find that people who profess to be spiritual are generally very egotistical (and hence, not really spiritual at all). They may be knowledgeable, but they are generally only interested in their self and what they can get from you.
Tummytocker Tummytocker 51-55, F 12 Answers Feb 22 in Community

egotistical people suck. I am a Christian... mainly because I can't believe in no God. I look at Richard Dawkin's explanation to how the world began: "A quantum flux" which I can't believe because before there was time, or space or anything, how can a quantum flux occur? So I'm not spiritual so to speak... I just have to believe in something.... The trouble with talking about spiritualness is you have to say "I" believe this "I" do that and yes it does make you seem egotistical.... xD

Best Answer

Perhaps egotistical was the wrong word. Maybe selfish and materialistic and manipulating would have been better choices.

Best Answer

Materialistic-yes. There is one TV ministry where the leader at last count was making $900,000.00/year plus monetary or other perks, fancy clothes and jewelery, a fleet of cars, 4 homes, more than on jet, very expensive artifacts, etc...

Best Answer

I have met some in my time who are spiritual and not egotistical. Nigel Mumford for one. He is a British Episcopal priest who lives here in the states. He has a heart for God, His Word and God's people. He was in the Royal Marines as a Drill Sgt. He has developed a 3 day FREE seminar for combat vets. He is good people. He has set up his ministry in Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Best Answer

That's good.

Best Answer

Nigel has traveled the world and remains humble. Also met Steve Samson who at a conference he gave. Very down to earth. Approachable. Spiritual and humble. But, I do KNOW what you mean. It seems we are overrun w/those who get a BIG head over who they think they are. God does not need us to have a title, a position, wealth or popularity to serve him and others.

We went to a Christian conference last summer and one of the speakers was all about how great he was NOT how great God is. Sickening!!!!

Best Answer

yes, I have. Not by their proclamation, just by my observation of them.

Best Answer

Yes, I have meet several. These people are usually very humble and lead by example.

Best Answer

That's good. I wish I could meet some.

Best Answer

There are very few truly spiritual people out there. I keep searching for them. I agree with you. They also try to force what they believe off on others and I don't like that at all.

Best Answer

I am a very spiritual person, and I am not led by ego, but by a deep desire to be of service to others and evolve myself as a person to my highest capacities. I do not look down upon others or tell them how they should live. I am respectful of others and treat them with dignity.

Best Answer

One man...

Best Answer

My mom.

Best Answer

yes and i couldnt understand a lot of what she said. she wasnt egotistical at all, she was more like a frightened child when she was worried and she was tough when things weren't going her way.

Best Answer

I have not met anyone yet.

Best Answer