Yes, Shantaram by Gregory Roberts, particularly in relation to living in the slums of Mumbai. It made me profoundly aware of my lack of appreciation and my failure to see opportunity. It also made me realise how many people in the world are working very hard and being paid in handfuls of rice, and how much of the world's economy is controlled by a few individuals who make money by investing peoples' salaries before they even receive them.

Best Answer

sounds very interesting I will definately be checking it out

Best Answer

The first one was "BE HERE NOW", then came"JOURNEY TO AZTLAN", but the most recent book that rocked my world was"LETTERS FROM THE EARTH"<br />
*not sure if that's the true title, but it's by Mark Twain about archangel writing to Gabriel about mankind's relationship with God and religion. Recently published, recently found manusc<x>ript.........Great read!!

Best Answer

Don't Eat This Book by Morgan Spurlock... I will never eat fast food again, especially McDonalds. It really opens your eyes to how bad that crap is that most people put into their bodies.

Best Answer