I have 3 dogs and 2 of them were abused 1. One was kicked and belted all the time 2. the other was neglected and rarely given food
NedKelly1 NedKelly1 56-60, M 19 Answers Jan 8, 2013 in Community

On more than one occasion. But most memorable was a full blooded wolf. The guy down in Yantis kept him on a chain about 8' long, would poke him with a stick to show how mean he could be, the wolf that is. He rarely fed him so he would stay mean. <br />
I used to sneak down from our land to feed the wolf, squirrel, rabbit, fish, whatever was the catch of the day and left over from filling grandparents larder.<br />
Well, one night, I got my husband & his brother a little stoned and convinced them, we need to go steal this dog and save him from this jerk. They agreed.<br />
We went, they passed out in the front seat, so I went to the dog with bolt cutters and a lb of hamburger meat. I was surprised the wolf let me get so close, but as he ate, I clipped his chain collar put a rope around his neck and coaxed him into my Biscayne. On the back seat was a real thick quilt, clean water and dog biscuits. Driving back to Dallas, I looked in the rearview mirror......the wolf was standing - looking me right back straight into my eyes, pulled back his gums and let out a Howl that almost sent the two boys right through the windshield!! Then he laid down, full belly and went to sleep; to say the least Jerry & Wayne never shut their eyes that night!! He was my best friend, protected me when my husband became abusive and lived with me almost 8yrs...I would think he was about 5 or 6 when we came into each others lives. But he taught me that if I don't interfere, then who would. R. I. P. was a great friend & wolf.<br />
sorry this was long.

Best Answer

That is SO awesome!

Best Answer

Oh, yeah, I have...He wandered over to my house from the neighbors, he was a bag of bones, I fed him. Eventually the original owner (long story) found the dog a home.

Best Answer

Yes, unfortunately it was from my own home. Among the many things my X girlfriend did wrong was to mistreat our dog... that SHE bought. When we broke up, she gave her to me. It was quite obvious our dog preferred me and quite obvious she did not know how to care for her. My dog is now 12 years old and has been living a happy, safe life since I saved us both from my X.

Best Answer

No but I have rescued them from the RSPCA.

Best Answer

done that before and they do a wonderful job

Best Answer

Yes they do.

Best Answer

We rescued a kitten who was abandoned on a driveway in winter. My family dog was actually stolen from am abusive home from a friend. She lived to be 20! The dog that is. The friend is now in her 50s ;)

Best Answer

I rescue animals in much the same way as I rescue women from bad situations.........by not talking to them!

Best Answer

No,but I will. Sorry, to hear about your pets, thank "God" they have you now.

Best Answer

they run the house, Jack swims in our pool every chance he gets

Best Answer

That's so "Sweet".....;))

Best Answer

I feed whatever comes to my door

Best Answer

yup - my maltipoo was from a puppy mill. Her feet never touched grass before she came to my home.

Best Answer

Both of my dogs are rescues. One of them was only a few months old when mom's neighbors moved away and left him on the porch to fend for himself.

Best Answer

No but I have a lot of respect for people that do :-)

Best Answer

I have a cat with only 3 legs

Best Answer

tri-pod

Best Answer

Thats what my son calls her. We named her Annie

Best Answer

The last time I did, they called her 'girl'.

Best Answer

yes, a cat and later a dog

Best Answer