I want to celebrate people who have saved a life? Tell us how you felt, what you did, and did that change you as a person too?
lisamadison lisamadison 31-35, F 11 Answers Jan 8 in Doing Good

Definitely have! But there isn't much of a feeling for me. I get into a zone where I can turn off my feelings and disregard the blood and messy scenes. It has changed me as a person and I've learned to love every second of my life. You appreciate the little things in life when your with someone during they're last moments.

Best Answer

I've done CPR twice until an ambulance arrived but both times they ended up dying. Once someone is dead it's not overly likely you can bring them back. Certainly not like the movies.

Best Answer

That truly sucks! But at least you DID something. Many of us just stand and watch and do f-all!

Best Answer

It's not a pleasant thing to do I can tell you. I'd rather never have to do it ever again.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing Hirafu. I completely understand that. I have a number of students who have gone through that and I agree it's not easy to overcome when someone dies on you. But trust me you did a great thing!

Best Answer

I was a policeman for many years so I did use my limited knowledge of first aid a few times. The most memorable though was on one night shift. A criminal had been shot in the chest at the local railway station by a security guard. When I arrived there he was dying and unconscious. I summoned an ambulance which arrived very quickly. The senior paramedic checked his vitals and determined that he was now dead but she was going to resuscitate him. She looked at me and said that her assistant was useless and that she did not trust him to help efficiently. She asked me if I would help her even though she knew very well that I was not actually allowed to do that seeing as she had an assistant. I agreed as she was quite determined and I admired her for that. <br />
Anyway she quickly showed me some medicines in a whole bunch of bottles and shoved a syringe and a clipboard in my hands. She got to work on the dead guy and shouted for certain amounts of medicines (I can't remember what they were) in the syringe and told me to write down the time, type and amount of medicine that she injected into this dudes chest. She worked on him furiously for what seemed minutes and amazingly his heart started beating and he started breathing. She had brought this guy back to life and I was proud to have assisted her in doing it. The fact that he was a criminal, was a different race group than her and stank of alcohol was irrelevant to her and I had to respect her for that. The following day I sent a glowing letter of commendation to her boss telling him that he should be proud of her. I never told my superiors about this though because I shouldn't actually have helped and the criminal probably went to jail without the knowledge that a cop had helped to bring him back to life. <br />
I've written a bit of an essay haven't I, that happens sometimes. Thanks for reminding me of this though. All due respect to paramedics, they do a difficult job.

Best Answer

Yes, a few times. I can't say how I felt because at those times I really didn't feel. It was more a reaction to what was going on, what I saw and what I felt needed done.<br />
Can't say it changed me at all other than climbing on the soapbox and trying to teach people NOT to panic or get past panic quickly. <br />
When people panic, nothing gets done. A moment of panic is going to happen, but quickly regaining control of emotions is the only way to be able to help.

Best Answer

1) Done CPR until the ambos could get there to take over.<br />
2) Had to stick a suction tube down a choking persons throat to clear out there lungs. Done that one quite a few times.<br />
3) Don't know if this counts but I was a calming influence on a 95 year old guy who had ripped the flesh off his right fore arm. He had had a fall and caught it on a door handle. Wouldn't let the Doctors or nurse near him. He was down to one arm but could still put up a fight.

Best Answer

I'm a trainee in a teaching hospital. I save lives everyday.

Best Answer

Three times, my daughter at home on a hard cookie treat, once a mentally retarded girl in a restaurant and the third time was my granddaughter on a lifesaver.<br />
And I feel blessed to have the privilege of being able to prevent a tragedy.

Best Answer

yes, was a paramedic

Best Answer

Not a life saving event, but perhaps saved the child from having a huge scar on his face.

Best Answer

nope

Best Answer

i saw it in a movie.........does that count ?

Best Answer

you bet!

Best Answer