Questionator Questionator 26-30 133 Answers Mar 9, 2012

Question of the Day

Maybe. I kept a coworker's suicidal wife on the telephone for the twenty minutes it took him to drive home and stop her from killing herself. Those were the longest twenty minutes of my life.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

Werd

Best Answer

awk... WERD.

Best Answer

Wow, you're one heck of a coworker!

Best Answer

The fella is a good friend of mine as well.

Best Answer

My sister loves Life cereal. So I saved her the last bowl the other day...

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Sweet!

Best Answer

Yes, I saved a drowning little girl. And more than a few in the military

Best Answer

Yeah... I stopped hitting the guy!<br />
But seriously, yes I saved a young boy's legs and life when I was a counsellor at camp and it was one of those crazy adrenalin rush things. We were out on a hayride with the 7-10 year olds and the hay wagon lost a wheel out in a farmer's field. The wagon tipped over and people were sliding off. I got the adrenalin surge because my mom and grandma were on the ride and also, when I slid off the thing and looked down one of the boys was pinned under the axle that got broken off. It was just below his butt right across his legs. Without thinking about it I bent down and picked up the wagon. I then started telling people what to do, told someone to grab the kid between my feet and help mom and grandma off the wagon, and then get everyone away from it. When everyone was off the thing, 5 counsellors and the ride owner came over and told me they'd hold the wagon so I could step away as I had my back to it. I looked to either side and when they were sure they were ready I stepped away. They couldn't hold the weight. I then hoofed it the 2.5 miles back to the farmhouse to call an ambulance. The ambulance was there in minutes and followed me as I ran back to the wagon. Later they told me that the boy would definitely have died if I hadn't picked up the wagon because of how long it would have taken to get a vehicle to remove it from him. <br />
The owner was pale as a ghost when I got back, partly out of guilt but also partly out of fascination, he said "That thing weighs at least 2,000 lbs and you picked it up by yourself!"

Best Answer

Havin a hard time with this one! Why were you the only one acting? No one thought to help lift the wagon? No one thought to pull the child out-they had to be TOLD by you? You couldnt just DROP the thing after everyone was clear? You had to wait for the 6 guys(who, of course, as you pointed out, could not hold the weight that you, probably one handed, had just lifted on your own?! I know- you had some major adrenal action goin on...) And why did YOU have to run back to call an ambulance? No one had a cellphone?

Best Answer

I've kept my mate from committing suicide

Best Answer

Yes, Many, but I cant take credit.. It was Gods plan.. I am just the instrument.. <br />
Unfortunately, loosing even one weighs more than saving millions...

Best Answer

YES...I stopped them eating my COOKING!

Best Answer

yes but i was working as an EMT for MedLife Ambulance and it was my job.

Best Answer

Yes, by not marrying them. They don't know how close they came

Best Answer

Yes I did,I think I might have wrote a story about it, A girl was fliiping out on some drugs and wouldnt let anybody hold her,and she was naked *tmi* lol and then I stepped in and was able to calm her down and hold her to the ambulance came lol This is a little too much but its worth sharing lol:]

Best Answer

Phone rang and my coworker said to call the police. Right after that the phone line died on her end. I thought it was a joke, but decided to pick up a friend on the way head on over to her house to be safe. Turns out her boyfriend was trying to kill her and her son. I distracted the boyfriend long enough for my friend to call the cops. "this is before everyone carried cell phones"<br />
I hate to think what would have happened if I didn't decide to drive out there, or if I would have missed the phone call.

Best Answer

Kindof! One time a few years ago me and my family went to the beach together and my sister went in too deep water. She was flailing her arms but no one saw her at first, then I did so I raced over and took her out of the water to the sand. She was spitting out water for a bit but other than that she was ok.

Best Answer

Maybe not, I have taken a life, but from this point past, I don't know what good effect my being here on earth has been, but there was a girl who helped me out of the water. I had drowned as a child, full on drowned, I went out of my body, personality thoughts emotions, all of it, I still had it. An angel came, tall, serious, sword at side, told me that I could choose to die or live and be born somewhere else, I asked where, it pointed, I looked in the direction, and said no. Long story short, I went back into my body, unable to move, the girl who saw my soul hovering above the creek came and grabbed my lifeless arms and when she did, power went from her to me that enabled me to move again, I helped her help myself out of the water, as soon as my nose and mouth broke over the surface, the Lord forced my mouth open and water came out like a pressured hose. No physical problems whatsoever, never needed medical assistance, the camp councilors weren't even aware, though one of them asked me why I was so pale, I told her that "the water was cold" she didn't seem entirely convinced, how could you tell someone you died when you are alive to tell the tale. I don't put any faith in reincarnation. I must be alive for some reason, my life has been spared on more than one occasion, and that is an understatement. God is good!

Best Answer

There was a little girl hanging on the side of a shopping cart full of grocerys (lots of heavy things) and she started jumping up and down and then she fell and the cart was about to land on top of her but because I'm a boss I jumped and grabbed it and saved the little girl. Yea I rule!

Best Answer

Yes one day we had an actual fire at the college I was a student we all rushed outside I was one of the last until I couldn't see Caroline a friend of mine. stupidly I rushed back in and this fire was big I could easyly become a victim but was determined to get her out. I grabbed her and put her over my sholder I took her outside the staff carried her away then I collapsed I don't remeber much but I woke up 14 days later in a hospital bed with a bandage around my head and 2 members of staff. they kept telling me to get sleep and asked them about Caroline they said that she was fine. I drifted back off and didn't return to college for over 2 months my injuries were bad but not perminent. I also remeber caroline coming up to me and giving me a kiss and said thank you.<br />
I don't remember anything else.<br />
When I returned to college I went to reception and many students started clapping at me I had never been treated like this before in my life and I felt just incredible that something like this had happened.

Best Answer

Uhm... A couple? I've stopped friends from committing suicide, provided medical care when people needed it, and one time, I found a little girl playing on the road by my house so I picked her up and held onto her till her dad came outside to find her. Turns out she had snuck out while he was cooking and thank god she hadn't gone far!

Best Answer

There was a group climbing the pinnacles which rise to about 1000 meters at the peak. I was climbing on my own but joined this group of climbers with their guide. I was enjoying the view of the pinnacles from above. There was a guy in between me and an elderly lady. The lady wanted to get across to my side but the guy was standing in between. So, she took another way which was mossy. I think it was a bad idea. Before I could stop her, she slipped in between the pinnacles and I quickly rushed to her side and tried to pull her up but she was rather heavy. The guy beside her just stood there and watch. I expected him to give a hand since whatever shock he had must be over in a few sec. No one else came to help. I supposed they were still in shock and watching the scene. The lady managed to climb out with only some minor scratches to her thigh where her pants were torn. Some did offered to first aid after she got out of the ordeal. My back and right arm was excruciatingly painful afterwards. I didn't say anything or complain about it. The lady doesn't seem to be grateful for the help I gave but she was rather embarassed that it happened. I had to visit a chiropractor a number of times for the pain to subside. I do wonder if I should be like the others. Not rushed in to help when I'm not capable to do so and injuring myself in return. It came as a shock that people don't always give a hand right away when others are in need especially since the guy was an Australian ( I guess we can't stereotype people). I suppose I need to be more assertive and verbal to make changes. I can't stand people who just stood and watch when something bad happens to other people. It's so cruel and unkind. Why can't they feel and perceive to do the right things?

Best Answer

I guess that depends on how you look at it...After I was released from prison I recieved a message from one of the younger, talented, beautiful girls I had "adopted" there...they were ones that had potential and I often told them they were not being anywhere near what they could be...that everyday is a new day and we can choose any morning to get up and start becoming who we are meant to be...anyway she told me in her msg that we had a conversation about a week before she left that changed her life....I dont even remember that talk...but she had been in and out for a few years...was a heroin addict...now she has 5 yrs sober...a beautiful child and a future...you really never can tell what effects your words have so it is good to choose them wisely...

Best Answer

I brought a girl back using CPR.<br />
I swam in and pulled a boy out.<br />
I faced down three men with knives barehanded, to keep their blades from an innocent back.<br />
I walked out of the room.<br />
Yes. Some of the memories aren't that kind, but yes. Yes I have.

Best Answer

Perhaps... A kind word can change someone's day drastically. You never know when someone needs to hear a kind word.

Best Answer