Wonderer26 Wonderer26 16-17, F 13 Answers Apr 29, 2012

I once stoped an Amtrac train from derailing. 86 people on board,everyone agreed. If I hadn't stoped it when I did there would have been few survivors.

Best Answer

I worked as a laborer on a gang that worked on RR tracks. I showed up early for work one morning and was sleeping in my car. A train went by and i was awakened by a bang.When I went to the tracks to look the train that just passed had broken out a 2 foot piece of the rail,right at the switch where trains change tracks.I saw another train was comming it was still dark ,I could see the light. I ran as fast as I could up the track,you see a train going 60 mph takes more than a mile to stop.I knew i would have to get the train to see my flashlight giving the stop signal (which is swinging a light or flag back and forth down low). It saw me and stoped only 30 feet from the broken Rail. It turned out it was the passenger train,Amtrac, The officials said if the train would have hit that broken out spot at 60 mph It would have surly Derailed and Piled up, there would have been few survivors.

Best Answer

every wed, thurs, and fri, sat

Best Answer

Many times, as part of my job.

Best Answer

What's your job?

Best Answer

I have had a few. I worked in a day care, had to give CPR it a baby, many times the Heimlich. I worked in a hospital & gave CPR there. I volunteered as a part of an EMS crew, gave CPR there. And although it wasn't hands on, I have walked countless amounts of people through life saving instructions, including CPR on the phone as a dispatcher.

Best Answer

Some guy said it did when he was choking on a corn chip and I hit him on the back really hard and it dislodged the chip.

Best Answer

I am so glad that worked! But please remember in the future, that back-blows may further lodge items rather than release them. Learn the Heimlich maneuver, it is easy!

Best Answer

Yes, many times

Best Answer

Yes, it's my passion and how I make a living.

Best Answer

Yes. More than one someone. But I have been too late for some.

Best Answer