If you haven't, it's well worth a go. Don't look up until you are right underneath it. It's pretty wow.
pennynoodles pennynoodles 46-50, F 4 Answers Jan 5, 2013 in Community

they're really controversial here. would you object to having a turbine farm near your home?

Best Answer

They are controversial here too and I wasn't saying that I approve or disapprove of them. I was merely asking a question.
However, I will answer your question. Of course I would not want one in my back garden.

Best Answer

i was asking from curiosity. i've never stood close to one.

Best Answer

The experience is quite something, if we are talking about the same kind of turbines. There is a slight hum and a slight whoosh of air but very little noise really considering its size.

Best Answer

We have a wind farm not ten miles from here ...drive a few miles out of town at night and you can see most of them with their red lights blinking .... an area person got a picture of a lightening bolt striking one this past summer ... THAT was awesome

Best Answer

Wow, they must look like aliens out there in the dark. I'd love to see that photo of the lightning striking!

Best Answer

I'd love to get a copy of that photo too .. I saw it on a friends cellphone as it was forwarded to him and I requested he forward it to me to my computer but he never did.
It is something kind of surreal at night seeing those blinking lights, kind of in a pattern but not. One night drove by them with a bright full moon behind them ... that would have been a great picture to have too. I know "tourists" slow down to look at them ... I don't know how many times I've been behind somebody and the passengers necks are stretched to look at em even vehicles pulled along side the rode and pictures being taken

Best Answer

They are a blight on the skyline. Horrid, bird-killing things.

Best Answer

I would prefer the skyline without them too. However, they are the thing of the future, so it seems, and are pretty impressive when you're stood under one.

Best Answer