I need another elective for next term and I would prefer it to be an easy class so I can boost my average a little. Any other suggestions are welcome.
naturefreak1 naturefreak1 22-25, F 3 Answers Aug 6, 2012 in Community

I would suggest looking at ratemyprofessor and looking for a professor that is relatively easy. Once I took a speech class thinking it would be an "Easy A" but it turned out to be one of the hardest classes because my teacher gave a lot of assignments & had high expectations. So I would go by the professor & not so much by the subject.

Best Answer

it depends on what sort of linguistics it is, what your major is, what your strengths are in general....<br />
...linguistics at the structural levels can get pretty intense for people who are used to english lit, but if you're coming at it from the science end it's way easier than that.<br />
...at the historic and social levels then yeah it's a piece of cake if you're ok with essays and stuff.<br />
Hope it goes well.

Best Answer

What makes the structural levels easier if you're coming at it from the science end?

Best Answer

it's very much about having a rigorously systematic approach, like solving equations in a way... or logic gate flow charts.
if you're ok with it, it's like sudoku. if you're not, it's a nightmare.
it's worth it though if you're interested in how language works...

Best Answer

Hmm. Thank you.

Best Answer

If you want a course that's interesting, informative, relatively easy to get a good grade and will aid your well roundedness, take anything in the Humanities.

Best Answer