and then the "captcha" (where you type letters that have been obscured to make sure you are a person and not a computer program) won't let you finish? And then you find out that Yahoo took out that 50 cents from your account anyways? I typed that captcha code probably 30 times and it wouldn't work for a "child" so then I changed to age and it worked fine.....but they still took the money for "proving an adult is involved" when you are setting an account up for a child. I am suspecting this is a scam because 50 cents multiplied by however many people do it and then having it not work seems strange to me. And don't tell me that my computer had a problem and couldn't read the code, because it worked just fine when I used the exact same information and just changed the age to adult. Scam by yahoo?
ultimatereality ultimatereality 46-50, F 7 Answers Aug 26, 2012 in Community

i wasnt aware yahoo charged for ANYthing<br />
they have never charged me

Best Answer

have you tried setting up an account for somebody underage?

Best Answer

a yahoo email? yeah i just did a second ago to see what you mean.
there is no area where you put in any account info.
they would never ask for any of that. its a free service.
i think you are on a fake site. i would call your bank asap.

Best Answer

No, but if you would like me to elaborate on my answer, I could say that the situation has never come up, so I've never been in the position of having or wanting to sign up a child on Yahoo. <br />
(Maybe it would have been better if I'd just left it as 'No'!)

Best Answer

No never.

Best Answer

I would never pay to set up ANY account online... once they have your bank information, they have it forever - and can charge whatever the heck they want to it.

Best Answer

well its a good thing i have almost no money.....

Best Answer

That's bad.... that means you could end up with over the limit fees, etc

Best Answer

It sounds like you got a fake Yahoo site.

Best Answer

But I now have the email in Yahoo that I set up that way, along with my other Yahoo accounts...can a fake Yahoo site provide a real Yahoo email address that works?

Best Answer

Nope sorry.

Best Answer