Egoberd Egoberd 31-35, F 13 Answers Nov 1, 2009

Honey was used on wounds as far back as the ancient greeks. It does have some medicinal value. Although a standard topical antibiotic would be better.<br />
For internal antibiotic, I don't know of any study but usually such claims are ridiculous. It has to be absorbed by the small intestine then be processed by the liver before going systemic. By that time it should be broken down for use as energy or fat storage.

Best Answer

Yeah. I love honey! Soothes the throat and its great to use to sweeten cereal. I also hear milk and honey is good for the skin. It has many good qualities, you can go to a health food store and they can tell you more.

Best Answer

What's the difference between "using honey as an internal antibiotic" and "eating it"?.

Best Answer

Honey is really nice as a face mask to soothe and soften skin :)

Best Answer

No, but I do know it has been used since antiquity as a sterile salve on wounds

Best Answer

Nope never heard of any of that...But I'd like to know if there are other antibiotic things. 'Cause I don't like going to the Dr.s

Best Answer

I heard use youghurt if I think I know what your talkin about

Best Answer

Yeah use honey for my throat, use it to sweeten nettle tea too - the combination works :)

Best Answer

I use honey in the place of cough syrup

Best Answer

I use honey to sooth my throat when I get a cold

Best Answer