Cryssy1980 Cryssy1980 31-35, F 9 Answers Sep 24, 2012 in EP

nope and don't know

Best Answer

I have heard this phrase from the "old folks", but have no idea from whence it came. No, I have never used the phrase, myself

Best Answer

I have never used it either, just curious about it's origin! I hope you have a wonderful day! :-)

Best Answer

Yes siree, Bob. I have used it both ways. And according to my sources (cough cough) it was used on the Howdy Doody Show but didn't originate there.

Best Answer

Interesting...thanks! :-)

Best Answer

I always thought it was "Yes sireee Bob"...Maybe its some old comedian's catchphrase,I really don't know...

Best Answer

Well, you can use both....yes and no! :-)

Best Answer

I've just googled it..No one knows where it comes from...

Best Answer

Thanks! Maybe I should make up my own phrase....when I think of it, I'll let you know! :-)

Best Answer

Haha,cool,I'll definately try to get it to catch on..If you return the favour and start using one I'm putting out there...when someone asks if you'll do or try something and you want to say yes,instead you say,"I'll risk it for a biscuit."

Best Answer

If you ever hear me using it, shoot me please!!!!

Best Answer

Ok, I will do just that!

Best Answer

Murderer!!!

Best Answer

I'll kill you with kindness of course!!!! :-)

Best Answer

Aww, go on then

Best Answer

From a tale told by the ones da didn't get sum lol

Best Answer

Ever heard of the Algonquin Round Table? It was a group of comedians and actors in the early 1900's that gathered at the Algonquin Hotel and shared their Ideas and jokes. They eventually wrote a story called "No Siree" that is the earliest reference to this phrase I know of. Of course I wasn't there so I don't know if one of them actually made up the phrase, but it dates that far back.

Best Answer