1alwaysdreaming 1alwaysdreaming 18-21, F 18 Answers Apr 28 in Hobbies

I am and have always been interested in learning about any belief/belief system. I am an atheist, but that doesn't stop me from considering and having an interest in other ideas. I do, in fact, have a copy of the bible and a copy of the Qur'an in my room that I read from time to time.

Best Answer

Why study something you don't believe in?

Best Answer

Because, as Aristotle once put it (although not in English of course =P) "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." It is important to be able to consider every possible view, even those that I may not agree with.

I also believe that understanding books like the Bible can be very useful when it comes to understanding why religious people think what they think and act how they act. I learn about Islam and Christianity in order to gain an better understanding of Muslims and Christians.

Best Answer

Doesn't make sense to me, but okay. The book isn't gonna tell you how they think or what they think, only the people can tell you that.

Best Answer

Having read my previous reply again, I feel compelled to mention that I worded it very poorly. It would make more sense to say "what they believe" as opposed to "what they think" Which is a subtle but gravely important difference. By reading the Bible and other religious texts I gain an insight into the beliefs of others, although I won't pretend that I think it gives me the full picture.

Another good reason for me to read these books is that they have historical and cultural significance, as they have influenced the beliefs, thoughts and actions of the vast majority of humans for more than a thousand years.

Best Answer

Okay, cool.

Best Answer

Just read it when I want to.

Best Answer

Exactly...that's the best way. After all I'm protestant and don't believe what Pope said.....I have the book on my hand and can read and know the truth first hand...that's what Martin Luther struggled for. Knowledge to people directly.

Best Answer

no, it was forced on me as a child,

Best Answer

I had to go every Sunday. We lived right across the road from a Baptist church. When I went off to college, that cycle ended.

Best Answer

which one

Best Answer

my only childhood...oh, Catholic.

Best Answer

See this is a good question

Best Answer

Keep up the good question work
👍

Best Answer

Yay thank you :D

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yes. Initially all preacher looked honest and pious. But when I came to know them more closely, I realised what they preach they never practice. So why should I learn what they don't themselves believe but preach as a profession ?

Best Answer

Yeah, true. I'm glad we don't have priests in my religion.

Best Answer

I took catechism classes when I was a kid ... left me with a lot of questions nobody could seem to answer logically to me and left me confused as he11

Best Answer

Yes.

Best Answer

Yep...and then I did. Best thing I ever did!!!

Best Answer

I'm always learning...

Best Answer

I have learned some about both..always willing to learn more about anything (except math =.=) though.

Best Answer

yes

Best Answer

We Soviets are atheists. It is a major waste of time to study such crude fiction about imaginary gods. I know more than enough about this inane "govno".

Best Answer

That wasn't the question.

Best Answer

I answered the question. If you cannot understand me, I can speak in Russian. I said it is a major waste of time, so I do not want to study about any gods. How can you say I did not answer the question? Do you want to learn more about Slavic gods Perun and Volos?

Best Answer

Have you ever wanted to learn about God and the bible: YES or NO? It's very simple.

Best Answer

If you actually cannot tell that I do not, you need to study languages much more. Do you wish to study Perun, Volos, Zeus, Jupiter, Wotan, Amaterasu, Ahuramazda and many more gods?

Best Answer

Are you still stuck in the era of commune. Communism is long dead and soviets are flocking to orthodox Church. Don't generalise all soviets in a one brush stroke.

Best Answer