lonlymike1971 lonlymike1971 41-45, M 8 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Hobbies

My son went to The States earlier this year, he said "The amount of advertising is untold. US citizens are being brainwashed by the media and no one seems to care."

Best Answer

absobloodlylutely its insane the amount of crap we have to listen to all the time its everyplace i hate it but i just block it out ,you cannot go through the day without hearing 10 advertisements i mean seriously thats not life ..i feel like i am the only person that can see it

Best Answer

Hollywood movies are just full of it, absolute brainwashing.

Best Answer

Yes, absolutely. Funny how US TV will allow untold amounts of violence but not a curse word or even a breast. <br />
I've noticed that the production quality is often much better as well.

Best Answer

that is sooo true ! i have always said that but oh my god a nipple its the end of the world!

Best Answer

Yes, and I also appreciate that British tv actors/actresses don't look so "perfect" and airbrushed like American ones. They look like normal attractive people, not plastic mannequins.

Best Answer

yup they are more like real people compared to corperation tv land we have in hollywood

Best Answer

You should watch norwegian tv! We don't have such thing as censored tv

Best Answer

i wish i could , the best show i ever watched i have to say is shameless uk opened my eyes to alot thats going on great show

Best Answer

Then I'll introduce you :) Welcome to Norway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0lkj6cvH_o&amp;list=PL69BF710EB61BDB2E&amp;index=33&amp;feature=plpp_video I agree with you, I think UK tv is way better when it comes to things like that :)

Best Answer

thanks :) deffenatly will check it out

Best Answer

No problem, cool! :)

Best Answer

lmao that was hillarous

Best Answer

Hahah yes!

Best Answer

TRUE!And the US media has given Rupert a big honking pass on all his crimes on both sides of the water.I love BBC America and would love to see London someday(unlikely)<br />
Don't forget the RW churches in the US run everything too.My satellite forces me to pay for FIVE religious stations in every package when I shouldn't have to even pay for one

Best Answer

Have you ever watched a British TV show and realized you can hear and understand EVERY word....not so the garbled speech and poorly enginered sound quality from the Good Ol U S of A

Best Answer