Due to the rough economy, lately I have had to do odd jobs for a certain person who belittles my work, cheats me out of money we agreed on, etc. It's quite humiliating; I am unsure how best to deal with it.
crotus crotus 51-55, M 12 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Community

Wow, YES,..... you just described the working in a so called 'right to work' state in Arizona work experience!

How to handle it...well there is not much you can do in a so called 'right to work' state at all.

Coping strategies...using my favorite methods of stress relief, and trying not to take it home with me. Detach and role play, act and count the hours till I can get the F out of there.

Hope your luck improves.

Best Answer

I think Florida is a "right to work" state too... in fact I had one boss who used to regularly remind me of that! I have also had bosses who clipped their fingernails onto my desk, blew smoke rings in my face, you name it.

Best Answer

yuck! My condolences to you too, on living in another backwards so called 'right to work' state. hmmm I have a nasty idea....I believe you guys in florida have fire ants all over the place like we do here.....perhaps your boss would like some pets....... (snickering)

Best Answer

Well, I don't think I am even working for him anymore... I have had enough. This time it's just a douchebag who likes to trick me into doing free work for him.

Best Answer

Had a couple supervisors that were like that...they took credit for what their workers did and would pile on more work from the best ones. I transferred to a different department and the first supervisor eventually got fired. The second one got asked to leave after the 2nd horrific summer when she didn't hire enough workers and the summer work at the university where I worked didn't get done in time for the student's move-in. I was told she would never be allowed back on campus. The second supervisor caused a great deal of stress for me and most of the other employees in our department, some quit a couple years before they were eligible to retire, losing their medical insurance....I stuck it out and retired the first day I was eligible....could have worked a few more years but enough is enough in a place like that.

Best Answer

yes i did, i stood there until i found another job then i quit (but in good terms just in case i ever needed to come back) good luck;)

Best Answer

Unfortunately, that's the main advantage of working in union shops: if a boss can't observe certain standards of behaviour on a human level, he's "urged" to on a professional level.

Best Answer

Unplug the brakes in their car.

Problem solved.

Best Answer

Well, I would rather not do that because they might hit an innocent person.

Best Answer

I quit and started my own business.

Best Answer

That's what I want to do so badly... but I am flat broke now as a result of being screwed over by these types of people for the past decade. :-P

Best Answer

I was lucky. It was easy to start MY kind of business 34 years ago. It cost me nothing for start up. All I had to have was enough to live on for one month unit I got it up and running. No overhead, no expenses except for transportation.

Best Answer

Can you give me some more details please?

Best Answer

Seriously, I decided to throw away my education in office work and go out and clean houses. I hated office work, so I w made up 500 fliers and put them in 500 mail boxes, and I got 2 responses and started with two clients. Within 3 months, I had enough clients that I had to take on a partner to work with me. All by being recommended to friends and family from one client to another. Word of mouth advertising is the best recommendation. I have been doing this work for 34 years; it will be 35 years in March.

Best Answer

Replace them. Find a new job.

Best Answer

Easier said than done in this economy, it seems... I keep getting intercepted by douchebags like him right when I have really hit rock bottom, because they are like sharks and can smell it when you have even one molecule of desperation in your breath. I sometimes think these guys have some kind of special sensory organ for picking up those things...

Best Answer