I suppose I should raise my hand...lol! I was too lazy one Christmas season to go out and buy boxes...so I used every shoe box I had to put items that I bought for others in them. I then proceeded to wrap the boxes with newspaper! I of course told them I was being creative, but it was sheer laziness....besides, the paper was gonna be ripped off anyway and the box thrown away, so in the long run, I saved money! LOL!
Cryssy1980 Cryssy1980 31-35, F 8 Answers Dec 7, 2012 in EP

Oh, yes. I use what ever box I have if the gift is not already in one. I do not have the art of reusing Christmas paper. My grandmother who had been through the Great Depression, ironed her Christmas paper to use again the next Christmas. It worked great for her.

Best Answer

No box is off limits when I am wrapping a gift.

Best Answer

Haha.....rotfl! So I can expect my gift from you in a dunkin donuts box? Lol! :)

Best Answer

Growing up we did all the time. You didn't know what you were getting because you couldn't guess what it was ba<x>sed on the size of the box. Plus we didn't have a lot of money to buy fancy boxes when I was growing up.

Best Answer

I hear you! When you get down to the matter of things, it's not about the box or wrapping paper...but it's about what's inside of it and where it's coming from! :)

Best Answer

You got that right.

Best Answer

Have a lovely night, friend! :)

Best Answer

I got my dad "Independence Day" on VHS the year it came out. I wrapped it. Then I put it in a box and wrapped that, too. Then I put it inside 5 or 6 more boxes, wrapping each of them, too. I'm sure there were some "whatever" boxes in the mix.

Best Answer

LOL....oh my goodness! It sounds like he had to work for his gift! I like that idea though! :)

Best Answer

Yeah, he was gettin' kinda pissed by about the 4th box. It wasn't fun anymore. JUST HOW I *LIKE* IT

Best Answer

Yep....and i have also used an overszed box just to throw them off

Best Answer

Haha...funny! I bet they were confused! :)

Best Answer

and sometimes I put those little tin jingle bells in for those who like to shake the gifts

Best Answer

LOL.....you keep things interesting!

Best Answer

A shoe box yea

Best Answer

Haha...cool!

Best Answer